Sunday, May 6, 2012

Poetry Night

 Emily had a poetry night at school a couple weeks ago. The kids each read two of their favorite poems from their poem book.
Here is the first poem she read:
Sadness
I'm sad inside.
I want to run and hide.
I'm sad, I'm sad, I wear a frown
My world is turning upside down
Depression, Depression in the air
Depression, Depression everywhere.

What do you think of that cheery little number? The other kids were all speaking of flowers and sunshine, not my daughter. Makes me so sad she feels this way. Good poem though and I could recite it about myself in all reality. Sigh.

We were all there supporting Emily. I just wish Christopher would have been there. Here is the other poem she read:
Emily Barker
My wish is to be a musician
Dreams of being a guitar player
Wants to be a singer
Who wonders how they'll turn out
Who fears shots and spiders
who likes singing and dancing
Who believes in vampires and fairies
Who loves music and dancing and art
Who plans to be a singer
To be or not to be, always me

This is Miss Crenshaw. The best teacher in the world. She has made Emily's school year so successful. Emily was very leery of me posting her poems. She does not want anyone to copy them. So, if you are reading this, please do not copy these poems without consent of Emily Barker.

2 comments:

Cyndi said...

Emily's poem makes me sad. I wish I could bring a smile to her face but I'm not good at that. I love her though and keep you and her in my prayers always!

Unknown said...

She's so amazing. I'm glad she has you for a mom to help her work through her feelings and love her forever.