Sunday, February 14, 2010

Basketball

This basketball season has been quite interesting. Christopher couldn't play because of his brain injury. This was very hard for him. He loves to play basketball. Joseph had a great time this season.









Emily has been the challenging one this year. It was her first year playing. I decided to coach to give her a little help. Christopher was my assistant coach since he couldn't play. Here he is giving some pointers before they begin.
Emily has been very frustrated this season. This has been overwhelming and difficult for her. During her last game she exploded as a basketball player. She was dribbling, guarding and shooting like never before. She was even running. This girl does not run. It was amazing. She was so proud of herself. She got so pumped up and asked if she could sign up for soccer. I am so proud of her. Coaching has been challenging. I feel like I don't know what I'm doing, but to see how far some of these girls have come is a joy I did not expect.



2 comments:

Teri said...

I'm so excited for Emily!! That is so wonderful! We love you all!!

lindseyfrancom said...

How fun! I did this when I was younger and it is such a fun memory for me.