Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Dance

Joseph has been waiting for this dance for a long time. I heard him talking about it with his friends over a year ago. They LOVE girls and they talk about them all the time. The 6th graders practice many dances during P.E. for quite a while. They then put all of their moves together at a special dance. They all dress up and practice their moves. They cannot dance with the same person more than once. It was boy's choice half of the time and girl's choice the other half.
They did the swing, the cha cha, the waltz, the bunny hop, the electric slide, and a few more. It was very professional!
Joseph danced with many girls. I couldn't even post all of the different ones. It was way too many. They also did many dances that didn't have partners.


Us moms all walked around taking pictures and ooohing and ahhhing! It was a fun time for a mom.

Joseph had the time of his life. He just had a blast. What a great opportunity for these kids to practice their dances and dance etiquette. A great experience for us all. I bet I don't get to follow him around with a camera at his next dance, that's for sure!



Joseph won an award for his Electric Slide. Ha! So fun to watch!

On Valentine's Day, we had assigned Valentines and they had to do dates in the house. (Because it was Sunday). Chris and Emily exchanged gifts and had a nice date that included hide-and-go-seek.

Joseph and my mom exchanged gifts and had their date.

I forgot to get a picture of Dennis and I, but we had a date and he gave me this nice gift. It is a Willow Tree figurine and the title is "Our Gift". I know Sarah is our gift to raise in the millennium, but I'm not that patient and sometimes it doesn't feel like a gift. He was sweet though to give me this, even thought it made me a little sad. I made a huge turkey dinner for us all and I was stuffed and went to bed early. Not too shabby of a Valentine's Day for this family!

9 comments:

Jaime said...

What a great idea for a Sunday Valentine's Day!

Teri said...

That statue is beautiful! Is there hope for Dennis after all? That's a HUGE step up in the gift department. I know it made you sad, but I'm so impressed that he thought of something so special.
I love you all!

Laurie said...

I love the figurine- what a sweet gift! I love all the pics of Joseph's dance. Those kids have all grown up and Ellie really misses them!

Cyndi said...

I love that you took pictures and I love that Joseph was okay with it! I'm glad you had a good Valentine's, even if it was sad at the same time. That figurine is beautiful and I hope it reminds you of the wonderful things to come with Sara in the next life.

Cyndi said...

I meant Sarah. Sorry.

Cory said...

that sounds like a really cool idea. i like the "having dates i nthe house house idea" that's really cute.

lindseyfrancom said...

What fun for Joseph! Alisen told me about it a long time ago also! She didn't want to do it though!!! I seriously think it is HILARIOUS that he is into girls. I swear he is too young! Shouldn't girls still have cooties?!?

Anyway, way fun Valentine idea. I need to remember that for when we get older- only, so far I am way outnumbered in the male/female aspect, maybe all of them can take me out on a date!

I love those statues! It is very sweet that he thought of you.

Beard Family said...

I love your idea for Valentines day. I will have to remember that for next year. I love the statue. You are a great mom. I miss you and your example. Love ya!!!

angie said...

I love the Valentine gift you got... so beautiful and meaningful. Also, the pics of Joseph at the dance are adorable... especially the one of him dancing with Kameron!

ps glad you found my blog!!