Monday, August 30, 2010

Weekend Report

For my mom's birthday this year I took her to a concert at the Scera Shell theatre. It was a beautiful night with perfect weather and we were in the front row. We saw John Michael Montgomery. I just love his songs. I never like country until I met Josh. He loved all music and I learned a lot from him. I started liking some country music. In fact loving a lot of it. Right before Josh died he took me to a John Michael Montgomery concert. I remember that night so clearly. I can even remember what I was wearing and how right after we went to Gilley's and Josh bought a black cowboy hat that he looked so good in! During the concert at one point during a song he pulled me up to the front of the stage and danced with me. He held me so close. I felt like it was just us alone. Not us in front of thousands of people. I must have had my eyes closed because when the song was over there were tons of couples that had come up. I never noticed. It was just the two of us in that magical moment. One of my fondest memories. I also discovered at that concert that he played a song I was very familiar with. It was a song that played at my step-dad's funeral. It was my mom's and his special song. I cried a little. So, when I heard he was coming to town, I just had to take my mom. We both shed a few tears, but had an amazing time listening to amazing music and having fond memories of our husband's we miss so much!


Yesterday, Christopher was ordained an Elder in the Melchizedek Priesthood. It was beautiful. Dennis ordained him and a couple of his friends got to participate. They are all growing up so fast. His mission call is due on September 8th. Unless held up to go over medical issues it will be that day. This is such an exciting time for Chris. He starts Temple prep classes this week. I cannot wait to go through the Temple with him. After his ordination, we had people stop by and have some refreshments and chat. It was a nice gathering.
Yesterday was Dennis' birthday also. We had a nice dinner with his kids. I made ribs for the first time and they were so good. I hope he had a Happy Birthday. He has finally gotten our flu from last week. Poor birthday boy. Now, I need to recover from yesterday's parties and do a million more things this week. Whew, I'm tired!

4 comments:

Jaime said...

Oh, good times! I can't wait to find out where Chris is going!!

Teri said...

We need to start keeping track of everyone's guesses for Chris' mission! Thanks for inviting us to participate in your special day. It was REALLY wonderful. We love you all!

lindseyfrancom said...

How wonderful that you got to go see the concert with your mom!

Congrats Chris!!!

Happy Birthday to Dennis!

Make sure you get some rest inbetween the busy-ness!

Cyndi said...

That's so great you got to go to a concert with your mom. What a fun thing to do. I forgot to even ask how she was doing. I hope everything is going well for her.

Chris is going to be the best missionary-seriously! I can't wait to hear where he's going. When my nephew read his call, he said he was going to Wyoming. Then he started to laugh-he was actually called to Mexico City but he's serving in LA because his Visa still hasn't gone through. I think they should send him to Wyoming just for making fun of it. Someone has to go there. Anyway, it's exciting!!