Sunday, December 12, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

I am way late posting this, but I have been so busy and so sick on and off. Thanksgiving weekend this year was WONDERFUL!!! My brother and his wife came up from California to visit us. The kids were so excited. They love their Uncle Josh so much. He played so many games with the kids. In order to insure optimum time with their aunt and uncle I made Thanksgiving just us. It was so nice to enjoy their company without the chaos of too many people. Dennis' family ate at another house. Dennis worked at the Temple in the morning, but ate with us and then visited his family.
Dennis carving the turkey. The food was so delicious if I do say so myself and my brother and sister-in-law brought very yummy desserts.
These next few pictures are out of order. I missed these early on during uploading and I refuse to start over. Christopher is in charge of the village every year. He gets great joy out of it. I will probably send it off with him when he moves out. I know it is special to him.

It snowed later in the weekend. The kids tried to make a snow fort and thoroughly enjoyed a snowball fight.
This is my little family on Thanksgiving. I just love them. After dinner we all went to see a movie. It was a great day.

My handsome brother.

The next morning my brother came back over and he helped us do our annual decorating. We went and picked out a tree. It was Joseph's year to pick and he did a great job. Emily and Joseph had just punched each other right before this picture was taken. Emily could smile, but Joseph was still mad. They each brought a friend.

When we got home, it was time to get to work. The boys worked on the lights. Anabelle helped out. Isn't she cute in her jacket??


Joseph did the lights on the tree this year. He did a great job. He is so hired.
We all had fun decorating our tree. I always give them a special ornament each year. Chris got a weightlifting one, Joseph a Lambeau Field one, Emily HAD to have the countdown to Christmas one from the commercial, and Sarah a cute ball that lights up with an "S" on it.

This is how it looks in the dark.
Christopher was so into decorating this year. He loves the Christmas Vacation movie (which I watched with him later that night) and wants to out do the neighbors. He had to get this Santa. It is 12 feet tall. I think neighborhood kids like it, but so does my Chris. Here he is giving him a hug. They finished the outside and it looks great. I love Thanksgiving weekend with my kids. It is the best.
I am so grateful my brother and his wife came up. It was the best Thanksgiving I have had in years. We did talk about things we are grateful for. It was a great experience sharing our blessings and remembering all that we have. We have lost much as a family, but we have also been given many great blessings. I am so grateful for my little house and all who dwell inside. It is our sanctuary from the world and it is our home where love lives and grows and makes life worth living.

4 comments:

Teri said...

What a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving! You deserve all of that happiness. You are the sweetest friend a girl could ever have. Love you!!

Nicole Love said...

Wow! It all looks like so much fun! I love the holidays! I used to love getting real Christmas trees! I love the smell! I don't think Court's family ever got real ones, so ours is fake, again... maybe next year!

lindseyfrancom said...

I'm so glad you had a good Thanksgiving. It is great that your brother and his wife came up to be with you and your family.

The tree and house lights looks way awesome. I love your ornament idea- getting one for each of your children. What fun memories that must bring up and in the years to come.

lindseyfrancom said...

I'm so glad you had a good Thanksgiving. It is great that your brother and his wife came up to be with you and your family.

The tree and house lights looks way awesome. I love your ornament idea- getting one for each of your children. What fun memories that must bring up and in the years to come.