Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Back to School

 Today is the first day of school. Emily carefully picked out her outfit, woke me up at 6:00 a.m. to do her hair (Umm....not cool!), accessorized, and made sure she wore her sparkly Tom's.
 I can't believe Emily is in 6th grade this year. I hope she makes some friends this year and behaves herself. (Oh please, please, please!!!) She has a very nice teacher this year so hopefully she feels like she has an advocate. Last year she called her teacher "The Devil". It was a rough year. I hope this year is positive and that her social skills bloom.

 For Joseph's first day he wore his Stud. Co. (otherwise known as student council) shirt. He is in student council this year and has already been going to school for a couple weeks, preparing for this assembly and other things. I went to watch his assembly.
 Joseph did such a great job. He even showed off some of his dance moves. I love watching him take such a big part of his school. He truly is a hard working kid. I hope he enjoys all of his adventures in student council this year.
This is also a first day for me. I was able to come home to a quiet house ( YAY!!!) and start meal planning and focus on myself. I feel very good about getting healthy. It will be a long journey with many road blocks, but I will keep moving forward. I will update you with my successes. I need some motivation sometimes. So, happy day of new beginnings!

3 comments:

Jaime said...

Emily looks so grown up!! A good teacher makes a world of difference, and she deserves it!! Here's hoping!! Joseph looks handsome as always, and I do wish you good luck getting healthy!! Oh my goodness, too bad you're not here and we could walk together. I'm so bad at doing it alone. Here's to a great new year!!

Cyndi said...

Emily looks so cute with her hair! I can't believe she's in 6th grade already. Joseph looks awesome too!

I hope everything goes well with your new healthy lifestyle! I'm glad you're taking care of you. I'll totally walk with you...when I can walk much better, of course...but soon!!

lindseyfrancom said...

Emily looks very sophisticated! And I am so excited for Joseph's student council experience- I wish I had gotten more involved! I'm jealous you got to go home to a quiet house... one day! Good luck, I am rooting for you to be super healthy!