Saturday, August 23, 2008

Flying Through The Air

okay, so we have had some dirt bikes and 4 wheelers for over a year and I have never gone. Today was my lucky (or not so lucky) day! Dennis and I took two 4 wheelers out for a ride. It was my first time riding . I loved it! I practiced on flat ground and I was doing great. Dennis told me we could ride up into the mountain. He said to go ahead and he would catch up. Catch up? I was flying through the air. These aren't little four wheelers they are big and powerful, too powerful! I was going so fast. There were a lot of twists and turns, rocks, and it was so uneven and thrilling. I was imagining that I was Bella riding with Jacob in La Push. I was having a great time and then it happened. I saw a deep pit of rocks and I didn't flinch (I should have!) It through me off balance as I hit and my front wheels were headed off the lip of the trail. I don't really know exactly what happened, but I was flying through the air one way and the machine went another way. I hit hard. I landed on my left side and because my butt is so huge it took the brunt of the fall. I lay there feeling closterphobic unable to remove my helmet. Jacob, I mean, Dennis assessed the situation and helped me up. He said that I was going too fast and this was a trail for experienced riders. He said that he wouldn't have even ridden that fast on this trail and he's been riding for longer than I've been alive. How did I know? I had to ride back because we were so far out. I took an easy straight, flat trail back to the car. That was fun. It was supposed to be like that. This I could do again, but the expert track at high speeds is out of the question. I feel like I have been hit by a truck. The longer I've been home the more it starts to hurt. I'm a little cut up and the bruises should be glorious. Tomorrow morning should be way fun getting out of bed. So, how was your day?

3 comments:

Jaime said...

Every day is a new adventure isn't it? I love your Twilight reference, you're a hopeless romantic.

Ariane said...

You're hilarious. Sorry you're hurt! I'll make you cookies or something! Thanks for letting us play with your Wii Fit. We'll definitely have to do lunch SOON!

Teri said...

You better be taking care of yourself! Now the kids are in school, we need a pedicure day!