Sunday, August 10, 2008

Summer Adventure

What a week! My friend, Jamie picked me up on her way home to California. We made quite a few stops along the way. The first stop was a lunch break at a Burger King in Fillmore, UT. This town just happened to be in the middle of a locust invasion. It was so gross. They were EVERYWHERE!! Our next stop was in Bryan Head. It was a beautiful time share that Jamie has. The first thing the kids wanted to do was go swimming. We all had so much fun.
Emily & Joseph swimming.





We all had matching pajammas, even Jamie and me!


Emily gave herself a makeover!

We got back on the road in the morning and headed out for our next day of adventure. First stop, Cedar Breaks, was beautiful. The kids ran in the meadow picking wild flowers and looking for special rocks.
Charles, Joseph, Emily & Maryn


Next stop, Bryce Canyon, breathtaking!



We met this chipmunk, Chippy, (named by Emily), at Bryce

Emily, without permission, threw her sandwhich to Chippy during our picnic. He seemed to enjoy it.

Next thing you know, we saw this sign. We were nice and we didn't turn Emily in.


Next stop, Zion National Park, Awesome!!!
The kids all loved playing in the river at Zion.

Emily was the brave one. The boys followed her lead.
Climbing this rock was quite a feat!


We stopped for the evening at another cool time share in Las Vegas. In the morning we went shopping at the outlets. The kids rode this carousel.

The rest of the day we went swimming in the fun pool with water slides.

In the morning, we were on the road again toward California. We stopped at our favorite Alien Jerky store in Baker, Ca. If you have never tried it, you are missing out. The original is the absolute best!
We were just a couple hours short of our destination when we decided to make an impromptu stop at Calico Ghost Town. It is an old mining town. It produced mostly silver and borax.


Joseph & Emily went back in time.

We actually had so much fun here. We went through a real mine. The kids did leather stamping. We looked in all the little shops. We went through a museum. We got to see all the original buildings. It was GREAT!


We finally got to Jamie's house and her husband had a yummy dinner waiting for us. We got the kids settled and Jamie and I went to go see "Mama Mia". We ended up being the only ones in the theatre and we had so much fun. We left early in the morning for Sea World. We stayed all day until after the freworks. It was a great day!
In the morning, I said goodbye to my friend Jamie and her kids. My mom picked us up and we went out to breakfast. I was met there by my other best friend, Stephanie and her most adorable baby, Logan! My mom took Joseph and Emily home with her for the day. I left with Stephanie and Logan.
We decided to have a last minute girls game night with Jamie. She came over and we had a blast playing games for the rest of the night.

In the morning, Stephanie drove me to the airport and I met my mom there with the kids. After a wild week we flew home this morning. We will remember this fun summer vacation forever!

4 comments:

The Greathouse Family said...

Oh, my gosh!! Do we know how to vacation or what?! I cannot believe how much we packed into 5 days! I'm so glad that we went!

You are such a joy to be with. Know one else puts up with my quirks the way you do! Seriously! I hope that I didn't drive you crazy!

I'm glad you made it home safely. I miss you already! I felt bad because I realized that I didn't hug you good-bye, but I would have just started crying anyway. You are the best person I know and have the best sense of humor! I love you tons!

Ariane said...

Wow! It looks like you guys had so much fun. I love those kinds of vacations where you get to see so many different things. The locusts were gross, Bryce Canyon is gorgeous and your kids are FABULOUS!! We're so glad you're home.

Jaime said...

I'm glad you guys had so much fun, Calico is fun! But I'm a little jealous cause now I want to go on vacation too!

Ronda said...

I'm a little jealous too...
wish I could've seen you when you were down here...