Saturday, October 18, 2008

Happy 9th Birthday Emily


Today was my baby's birthday! We had lots of fun. We started the day by going swimming at the rec center. Then we went out to lunch and to see the movie "Beverly Hills Chihuahua". We then came home and had a pizza party. The top picture is one of Emily with her arm around one of her "imaginary" friends. She really believes in them. Yesterday, she told me that she was so bored and that all of her imaginary friends were at a meeting. They are apparently holding an election in "Imaginary Land". She says that they will be at the meeting until they vote on a new president. I know it sounds strange, but she honestly believes and if you say otherwise she gets very defensive. I called Samantha her "real" friend and she got mad and said that ALL her friends were "real" even the imaginary ones. I hope she grows out of them before puberty, but it's likely she won't. Oh well, at least she has a gigantic imagination! She wanted a "pink poodle in paris" cake. I was at a loss for decorations so I came up with this. She liked it, so that was what mattered.





She is having a sleep over with her best friend, Samantha. I got them matching jammies.







Dennis did a magic trick for Emily. He made her wave her wand over the hidden stuffed animal.



When he pulled off the towel and it was gone she was seriously surprised and amazed. It was so cute!





She just loved her cupcake maker from Christopher.



Christine & Stephanie made her this awesome card and got her a stuffed cow she can make herself.





Joseph got Emily this shirt. It is so true.


4 comments:

The Greathouse Family said...

I LOVE all of the pictures! The cake turned out sooo cute! I so wish we were there! Please tell her how much we love her. She is an amazing girl and we are so lucky to have her in our lives. I wish that I could remember every funny thing she says or does. I'm looking forward to the next time we can see all of you!

Ronda said...

Looks like so much fun...cool cake.
I remember when we went to her party at Chuck E. Cheeses when I was pregnant with Amy...Wow.
Also just wanted to put a comment to let you know I was here.

Teri said...

You're such an awesome mom! I wish you planned my b-day parties!

Ariane said...

Happy Birthday, Emily! And kudos to you, the super cool mom! I love that cake. Very impressive. As for the imaginary friends, I had them too and I miss them. I wrote stories about them and I even won an award for it in high school. Emily is an incredibly creative kid so don't wish the imaginary friends away too soon.