Friday, June 12, 2009

Christopher's Song for Sarah

Give me the strength to forgive
The precious moments I’ll never get
Give me the time I need to heal
Give me the letter with untouched seal
That gives me the promise I’ll hold her once more
I have this rose and I’m waiting to give it to you
Who I’ll never forget but whom I never knew
Not a day goes by that I don’t think of thee
I just have to remember, you’re happy, free
Go home baby go home
Your daddy’s waiting round the corner just above the clouds
And from the sky you’ll watch from a better place,
watching with your sweet loving face
The little breaths you took, took you really far
As I think of what a beautiful spirit you are
“ Come home, little one come home”, he says
“I’m waiting around the corner, just above the clouds”.



This is the song Christopher wrote for Sarah. He was too choked up to sing it, but he read the words. He is such a sweet, wonderful young man!

6 comments:

Teri said...

Christopher's song was so beautiful. Earl and I were so impressed that he was able to put those feelings into such an amazing song. And when he said that Sarah had accomplished the goal of uniting your family. I just melted.
Your family is wonderful and we love you so much.
PS I forgot I was posting from Earl's computer, so that last comment is from me, too.

Jaime said...

That's beautiful. What a wonderful blessing she has been for your family in so many ways.

The Greathouse Family said...

Now I'm crying again. What a beautiful talent Chris has. He's always been such a special boy. Thank you for sharing this.

Ronda said...

He is so talented...
Thanks for sharing.

kat said...

Thanks for posting Christopher's song, Mindy. It is beautiful and he is amazing. You are an incredible mom and you have incredible children! Love you!

Cory said...

this is so beautiful. I love it.