Friday, June 12, 2009

A Heavenly Rainbow

Before Sarah's Burial
After, dear friends put this beautiful pinwheel on her grave.
I have to still order the head stone.

The whole day was rainy and stormy except during the funeral. During the funeral the sun was shining so brightly and the sky was so blue. It started raining again soon after. I had several friends call at the same time and told me to go outside. There was the most vivid colored beautiful rainbow I have ever seen. It was a double rainbow and this picture doesn't do it justice. It was breathtaking. I know it was sent straight from heaven.


4 comments:

Teri said...

What a beautiful rainbow. I'm so glad you were able to see it. I'm sure Sarah sent it to her Mommy and Daddy to tell you how much she loves you.

The Greathouse Family said...

Oh, Mindy, it rips my heart out seeing that tiny casket. It makes everything hurt again. I keep thinking about how much I miss her and want to hold her and kiss her little face. I'm so sorry that she's gone and I just wish I was there with you!!

Ronda said...

That rainbow is so awesome!
You're right it was sent just from her to you and your family.

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Mindy - I'm so very sorry for your loss. The picture of Sarah is just precious. She was a beautiful little girl. I've been thinking about you since Teri told me you were admitted into the hospital.

I also wanted to let you know I have a girlfriend who designs headstones for a company in Utah County. She's worked with many, many families who have lost infants and children. She keeps a great big box of tissues on her desk so they can share stories and tears together. She's truly very compassionate and loving. If you'd like her name, let me know. I thought you might like work with someone who would truly want to know about you and your family. Much love - Danyelle