Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sarah Marie Ige

My beautiful baby girl was born on June 5th. She was 12 oz. and 10" long. She lived for 15 minutes. Slowly slipping away in my arms. I had an infection in my uterus. It had nothing to do with any of the medical problems we were controlling so well. It was just Heavenly Father's plan to give her body and bring her back home. She is a perfect spirit. My heart aches for her, but I have peace that she will be mine to raise one day and that she never has to suffer or be tested. She gets her celestial blessing. What more could a mom want for her child? Her graveside service is tomorrow. I am trying hard so hard to maintain my composure there. I want to be strong for her. I wrote her a letter that I will read. I will post it on my next post as per a request. I have been blessed with much love and support. Wonderful friends that have done so much. Flowers, cards, money, hand massages, neck massages, free airline ticket, free trip to Disneyland, hugs, talks, books, food, errands, put programs together, check on me, pray for me, kind messages and emails, babysitters, visitors, and so much more I can never list it all. These things have meant everything to me and I am so blessed and grateful for all you have done. Even my doctor called my mom to ask my favorite flower so he could send me flowers. My pain is deep and unbearable at times, but the atonement is working so perfectly. I can see the blessings and I can feel gratitude. I am healing. Slowly I know the Savior can bring peace to my heart. I will say goodbye to her little body tomorrow, but know it is only temporary.

5 comments:

Jaime said...

My heart hurts for you. What a beautiful girl she is and what a blessing to have her sealed to you. I have tried to think of what I could do for you but it seems you are well taken care of, so just know you and your family are loved! Thank you for posting this and I wish I could be there tomorrow. Big hugs!

Ariane said...

I haven't known what to do or say, so I decided the best way to show you I love you is to love your kids and distract them the best I can. My heart breaks for you and I can't even begin to fathom what you are going through. Our prayers are with you.

The Greathouse Family said...

Oh, My Mindy...
You are very loved by me and my family. Little Sarah is so perfect and beautiful. I am so glad that she came to your family, I only wish she was here a lot longer. I want you to know that I'll love her forever and I will never forget her sweet spirit. All my thoughts are with you and your family tomorrow. How desperately I wish I could be there.

Teri said...

Sweet Mindy and Family-
My kids have all commented on how cute Sarah is. They love her picture. We all love you so much and feel so honored to be your friends. I know we have helped with a few things (enjoy your time away) but wish we could do so much more. My heart aches for you. I love you so much. I am so grateful for the blessing of Sarah and that she is yours forever.

Cherish said...

Mindy, you don't know me, but I'm Jaime's sister and I read your blog. I am so sad for you. I don't even know what to say, except that you will be in my thoughts and prayers.