Monday, July 13, 2009

Fun Week

These photos are not in the right order, but they are of Christopher doing some serious white water rafting. He fell out and he said the water was freezing. 51 degrees to be exact. He LOVED it and had the time of his life!!!! He is the one on the right side in the front with the yellow life jacket.



While Christopher was busy rafting my friend Jamie was visiting and we had some of our own fun. One day we took the kids to the Scera pool and they had so much fun swimming and going on the water slides all day. We got some yummy snow cones. We saw a heart wrenching, awful movie about death that made me sob for hours. We played lots of games. We also went on a nice hike at Kiwanis park. We hiked to this beautiful waterfall. It was such a great hike! This is Dennis and I on a bridge.


Charles and Maryn on the bridge.
The waterfall.

Before you get to the waterfall there is a little pond called "Tarzan's Pool" that the kids could play in. This is Joseph climbing out of the pond.

Emily
It is almost Maryn's birthday so I made a little surprise party for her. We had cupcakes and pin the tail on the donkey. This is Maryn with my beautiful friend, Jamie. It was a lot of fun. They left today and we are all going to miss them very much.

6 comments:

Jaime said...

I'm so glad you guys had a nice visit. Too bad they can't live up there with you and it would be one big party all year long! That's a beautiful picture of you guys on the bridge.

Teri said...

Wow! What a week!!

Laurie said...

Looks like lots of fun. Hope you are doing well, Mindy.

The Greathouse Family said...

I had such a wonderful time with you! We did so much, too. Thank you for sharing your home with us and thank you for sharing so much of Sarah with me. I enjoyed walking with you and feeling close to her. You are so beautiful.

Cory said...

so fun. i LOOOOOOOOVE white water rafting. it's so freaking fun.

lindseyfrancom said...

You have to let me know where that hike is. I love hiking, but I don't think I have been on that one