Friday, March 5, 2010

My Entertainers

I have some performers on my hands. Emily LOVES to sing. She is in Chorus at school. She is also a pretty darn good little song writer. I mean for her age, quite amazing. For music, at school, they had to sing a song for class. She sang the EBay Song by Weird Al. They did really good and they even had props. I asked if she wanted voice lessons, but she clearly stated that her voice is "perfect". I guess it's good to be confident. She also wants to start a band. If you ask her she is already in a band. I asked her if she wanted to take any instrument lessons. Guess what? She doesn't need them, she is already highly skilled in every instrument. Wow, she should be famous. She is also trying to help me become a better person. I type with two fingers. I just cannot, no matter how hard I try, figure out typing. Emily has informed me that "It is a life skill you need to have" so she will help me learn.

Then there's Christopher, he is my entertainer. Who knew? He was this shy little boy and he has sure blossomed over the past few years. He was in the lip sync contest last night at the high school. He was so funny and had so much fun on stage. He just LOVES to be in front of an audience. He is quite funny. He is also very talented at writing songs and playing the drums and guitar. He has decided he wants to be a music therapist. He found out you need to try out with singing and piano. He is going to start taking voice and piano lessons next week. Chris has also been banned from having his picture taken from the yearbook. He was at a dance and they asked him to get out of the picture because they were instructed to not take any more pictures of Chris Moore because he is already in the yearbook way too much. Ha! That is funny. Must be nice to be in the yearbook too much. I guess this has been his year to shine at school in at least one way. He is doing some cognitive speech therapy to help his brain to heal, but on that front things are frustrating and going very slowly. I'm glad he can publicly be happy and have fun because his personal struggle with his brain injury right now are quite debilitating and overwhelming for him and me. Several doctor appointments a week and meetings with the school. It has been quite rough, not only time wise, but emotionally as well. Thank goodness I have such great friends who help pick up my slack when I'm having a hard day! They are invaluable in my life. Joseph is not a performer like the other two. He does not like being on stage or singing. He does love sports though and is just trying out wrestling for the first time. He is loving it. I'll get pictures next week of that.


10 comments:

Jaime said...

Haha, that's awesome that Emily is so good at everything. What a girl! And I'm really glad that Chris has some good stuff to distract him from his trials. Big Hugs!!!

Laurie said...

your kids are so cute, Mindy!

angie said...

ha ha! Emily is so funny... she should be famous! I want to hear her sing the EBay song...ha ha! she's a cutie! Chris sounds like SO much fun!

Cyndi said...

That's awesome Mindy! Your kids are such great performers. Emily is so lucky to be great at everything!! Don't we all wish we were that way-or at least that confident?

Cory said...

you have the best kids!! They are so awesome.

Ariane said...

I love that Emily has so much confidence. That's awesome. And of course, everyone loves Chris! I feel your pain on the brain stuff. Been there and it is so frustrating. If you need to vent, I'm still next door.

The Greathouse Family said...

You know, Emily is pretty awesome! She has the confidence that we all want to have. She is more creative in five minutes, than I am in an entire year!

I am so excited for Chris! He is so popular! HAHAHA! Stupid yearbook people, they should just put him on the cover!

Teri said...

I thought Chris was the whole reason they have a yearbook....

And that Emily...she has the confidence I wish I could have.

Can't wait to give her the treat from Moab!!!

3 Bintang Moviebox said...

Dear,

After adding a new post on my blog, I plan to do blog walking. After seeing a few blogs, I found your blog. And I find unique in your blog. Very interesting. Keep writing your blog.

Movie Is All Around

lindseyfrancom said...

I can't believe I totally missed this post.

It is great that Christopher keeps trying- what an example to all of us!