Saturday, March 20, 2010

What a week!

This has been a long tiring week. I am just not liking this time change! Tonight Chris and his "friend" Kristie, played games with our family for a while. I went on a double dinner date with these two last week. We had a lot of fun. Krisite is a super great girl. Christopher will be asking her to prom tonight. They even took Emily bowling last night. Chris has been having a great time.
Emily has been designing all sorts of fashions with this scarf. She makes me take a picture of each new creation. She also went to gymnastics this week and chorus. She also had a tooth pulled at the dentist and a physical and a few shots at the doctor. Not fun for all of us who had to hold her down. Oh what scene, oh what fun!

I went to Christopher's track meet. He is doing the javelin. He did a great job! One sport he is allowed to do so it makes him happy to do something. I went with him to his cognitive speech therapist and things seem to be getting better. Slowly, but heading in the right direction. He also has started taking piano this week. He wants to be a music therapist so he is strengthening his musical repertoire. Next week voice lessons will start too, hopefully.


Yes, his friend Lexin, really wore this to the track meet!


St. Patrick's Day is one of Emily's favorite holidays. Maybe because she conned me into getting her treats every year by writing cute little notes for the leprechauns when she was little asking for something from their pot of gold. Now she thinks it's just like all the rest of the holiday's with gift giving creatures. This year because of her tooth getting pulled the leprechauns were sensible and just got her the Jenga game she has been wanting. Well, for her and Joseph. He's in on the game too. Oh and a box of lucky charms for breakfast. Dinner was our other tradition. Green eggs and ham. It looks gross, but Emily swears it is the "best meal" she has ever eaten. She invited her friend over for dinner to share in the tradition. Corn beef and cabbage is not my favorite, so this tradition is much easier for me. That night I had young women's and a meeting and got home for the night close to 10. Which normally wouldn't be so bad, but the night before I had to take Dennis to the hospital until 3 a.m. He had a bloody nose that wouldn't stop bleeding. They tried everything. They finally had to use something called a rhino rocket. They stuck it up his nose and pumped it up to put pressure on the bleeding. He had to wear it for 3 days. He was so miserable and he said it hurt very badly. Here he is eating his green eggs and ham with his rhino rocket.

This week was Joseph's first wrestling meet. He did great! It was so much fun to watch. We all loved it. Especially Christopher he was so proud of his little brother. You can check out the video of it on my facebook page. Emily kept yelling, "Rip his head off!!" I got her to stop finally, but oh boy was she excited. Joseph also got a physical and shots. He was sort of a big baby too. So glad it is over. Very dramatic day. He went to the rock show with some friends today and also got Donny Osmond's autograph at his scout pow wow today. It was the second time he met him at a scouting pow wow. He thought that was super cool. He had seen Donny on "Dancing with the Stars".
I subbed four days this week too. So many other things I couldn't possibly account for it all. I just know that I am tired and ready for a more relaxed week or even a day. I'll take what I can get!

7 comments:

The Greathouse Family said...

Wow! What a week! I am so glad you're still breathing! I love your green eggs and ham idea. I will steal that one. I liked how you did it for dinner because I am not a morning person and I hate making fancy breakfasts before school.

Dennis looks so sad with his nose all plugged up! Emily looks cute in her fashion scarf. Chris and his girl "friend" look super-cute together. And, Joseph looks so awesome wrestling!

I can't wait to see you on our trip!!!!

lindseyfrancom said...

It has been a busy week for you! Glad you blogged about it. I feel so in the dark! I have no idea what's going on with you!

You are so cute celebrating St. Pattys. When I told Max it was time for bed he cried and said, "but it's st. Patricks day mom!" He was waiting for some big event to happen!

Shots- icky! I'm glad it's over for you too. That is great that Chris is doing well and found a sport to do. Great that joseph did well with wrestling and hilarious that Emily was so enthusiastic- what a great fan!

I can go for a walk on monday- name the time and I will be there!

Cyndi said...

Oh, I was missing you Mindy! I'm glad to see a new post.

That's so great that Chris has found something "sporty" to keep him occupied. I have a cousin with severe heart problems that was so into sports and had to quit everything cold turkey when they found out. It was really tough for him. He was able to take up golf and it's made a world of difference in his life. He just had another valve replacement surgery and couldn't wait to get back out to the golf course. Hopefully javelin can help fill in that gap for Chris too. The javelin is pretty darn cool too, so yay for Chris!!

Poor Dennis! My dad has that happen to him often and I know it's awful.

I'm wondering if I can talk my family into the green eggs and ham thing and replace the corned beef and cabbage for dinner. Maybe if some little leprechauns snuck into our house and replaced the corned beef with treats....something to think about this year. What a fun idea!

Laurie said...

Busy week! I love Emily's scarf creations. She is so cute! Chris is so cute with his "friend". Looks like Joseph is ready to move on to jr. high. Ellie can't wait! I hope Dennis is OK!

Jaime said...

So great! I love that Dennis let you post that picture of him with his nose contraption. What a man! And what a fun idea to have Lucky Charms! My personal favorite cold cereal! I never buy it cause I try to pretend I eat healthy, but it's perfect for St. Patrick's Day! You're such a fun mom. Chris looks great with that javelin. He's so buff. Your house is so amazing with all that stuff going on.

Teri said...

Oh my word lady! You have definitely had a week to remember, but I'm sure you would rather forget.

We need to hit the walking trail while the weather is good!

Ronda said...

Miss you..
you sure did have a busy week.
Wish I could just stop by.