Friday, June 4, 2010

He Did it Again!

Wow, this post is way passed due. Last Saturday night, Chris passed out again. He said that he wasn't feeling very well and that he felt "heavy" and light headed. I had Dennis take him downstairs to the couch so I could watch him. He lost consciousness right as he got to the couch. He was only unconscious for under a minute this time, but when he woke up he would not respond to us. He was clutching his chest and couch cushions like he was in pain with no response. I tried to lay him flat, but it was difficult. I wanted to drive him to the hospital, but I didn't know what to do. I got our neighbor thinking he could help me get him to the car, but it was no use. Chris was gasping for air and shaking and not responding. My neighbor called 911 while we tried to get Chris to respond. Another great trip to the ER. His vital signs were great and they didn't want to run any more tests because they had access to all the ones they had already run. They checked his blood work and of course, it looked perfect. They gave him another heart monitor to wear at home. He will wear it for 2 weeks. I am trying to get him to be as active as possible while he is wearing the monitor so it can hopefully pick something up. I let him do "supervised" activities. I even sent him to 7 peaks with his friend, a life guard. He came back tired, but seemingly okay. When we go back for the heart monitor results I hope to have some answers or I may pull my hair out. He does seem to be doing much better. Even in the craziness I feel a certain peace. I get very upset when we are in the ambulance and I know something is just not right, but I do feel a peace that things will be okay. It has been a rough week with trying to prepare for Sarah's birthday tomorrow, but there was some good news. Chris was not able to graduate with everyone else due to the medical problems this year. We went down to the adult school at UVU and found out that he had way less to do than they thought. He was even able to test out of some packets. He took an assessment tests to see if he could test out of packets and he received the highest score possible. Way to go Chris and way to go on being completely done and getting your diploma next week. What a sigh of relief for him and me too. I have to recognize these little blessings or I may lose my mind!

3 comments:

Abby said...

Your ability to see the postive things amidst all the difficulties just amazes me. I've been thinking of you, because I'd heard about Chris and because I knew Sarah's birthday was quickly approaching. We love all of you over here, and think of you.

Teri said...

I'm so proud of Chris! He is an awesome kid, with a most amazing mom. We love you all so much. I know tomorrow is going to be hard. Thank you for including us in your family. And we are here for you no matter what you need.

lindseyfrancom said...

I can't believe there are no answers. But I am so glad you are feeling peace. Way to go Christ on getting your diploma, I'm sure it was a rough road but you did it! We keep praying for answers for you, let me know if I can do anything to help.