Saturday, June 12, 2010

A New Friend and a Graduate

When my mom moved out she took her dog with her. Dennis started missing her. I asked him if he would want a dog for Father's Day. He said only if it was a beagle. So, on FHE Dennis was working and the kids and I found this great deal on an 8 week beagle puppy. He is playful and curious and a lot of work. I forgot how much and think "what did I do" sometimes, but he is part of our family now. We let Dennis name him because it is his dog (a dog he really doesn't want and certainly doesn't want to have to take care of). He named him "COPPER". I think he is starting to grow on Dennis.



All of the kids adore him!






Dennis with his thoughtful gift! Ha! The kids gave him some great company on his first night in his new home. Anyone who wants to walk or play with our puppy, just let me know!


He did it!!! He graduated! This last year has been so difficult for Chris medically that he could not graduate with his class two weeks ago. It has been hard for him. Although he has been reassured by doctors, family and friends that it was out of his hands and no one looked down on him, he couldn't help feeling down on himself. We went to the adult school and got all of his credits readjusted. He did some work and took some tests and he is now the proud recipient of a high school diploma. We are so excited and proud of him. I am mostly excited that he is relieved and able to move forward. At least in this area. He is still not feeling well quite often. He gets his heart monitor off tomorrow and he will see the cardiologist for the results next Monday. I hope we have something more definitive by then.
As a result of our excitement for this milestone for Christopher, we celebrated! We gave him a graduation party last night. All of his friends were there. I didn't get pictures after all of the teenagers arrived I realized. We kind of let them do their thing. I did hang out towards the end though. He has some crazy, but amazing friends!


Christopher had his senior photos taken and his announcements done. I think they turned out great. What a handsome young man. Congratulations Christopher! We love you and are so proud of the person that you are!

4 comments:

Teri said...

What a handsome young man! We're so proud of Christopher. He has been so persistent in getting this all done. And you have been a wonderful mom to make sure he has been able to get things done. Thanks for letting us celebrate with you.

And Copper is adorable! Sorry my girls think he is the only reason to currently visit your house. I'm sure the newness will wear off soon.

Love you all!

lindseyfrancom said...

I seriously LOVE that dog, as soon as I get back we are coming over. Puppies are hard work but they grow up fast, just hang in there.

Congratulations Christopher, what an awesome accomplishment!

Cyndi said...

Okay, I have wanted a Beagle FOREVER. That is awesome that Dennis was so cool with you getting one. I am not counting on getting mine anytime soon. We'll definitely have to come visit.

Congrats to Chris-and mom-I'm sure you helped a ton!! That's awesome that he did it so quickly!! And, what a good looking model he is.

The Greathouse Family said...

What a busy week! The dog is so cute! I can see that Dennis will love him!

Chris is so awesome and such a good kid! I am so glad he got to graduate! I hope that he gets better soon for his mission. We love him so much! Charles is always bragging about his cousin that plays in a real rock band. It's so cute!