Saturday, February 12, 2011

Newish Car




I have been wanting a car for a while now. It finally became a need. My Expedition was falling apart. It was just over 100k miles and all the little problems started to add up. I loved my Expedition. It was the kind of car I always wanted, but could never afford. When Josh died, I used some insurance money to buy it. It was the best car I will probably ever own. It was a little sad to see it go. I was very lucky to be able to get a newer car today. I say newer because it has 19k miles on it. It seems brand new to me. It even has a new car smell. It is a KIA Borrego. It is a little smaller than an Expedition and can only seat 7 instead of 8. It is very nice though and I feel so grateful to be able to get this car before all of my upcoming travels. I am super excited for my new car and so are my kids. Dennis is just trying to adjust to the car payment. I need to start subbing a little more I think.

5 comments:

Jaime said...

FUN!! We had to get a "newish car" when we moved for David to commute in and it was the nicest car we'd ever bought. I LOVED the smell of it and was rather perturbed when Jeremy threw up in it 2 weeks later! LOL Oh well, it was nice while it lasted. Have so much fun, and here's to no kids puking in your new car!! :)

The Greathouse Family said...

LOVE IT!!!! I am so glad you got such a nice car!!! And, a little jealous that you avoided the "mormon minivan"! LOL!! I can't wait to see you and the new car!! Love you!

lindseyfrancom said...

Way cute! That is so exciting. Nothing is more thrilling to me than a new car! I want a ride in it sometime.

Teri said...

So nice! Can't wait for a ride! Hopefully I don't have to replace mine anytime soon.....its getting up there in the miles, too.

Bryan Tyler said...

So your Expedition has a great sentimental value to you after all. Well, I'm sure that the new car will be part of his legacy. You and your partner need to work together now, since both of you are going to foot the bill along the way.