Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl XLV

As many of you know, we are HUGE Packer fans! What a huge treat for us this year that our team was in the Super Bowl. We got lots of fun snacks and got all decked out and decorated the family room.
The Green Pay Packers are their dad's favorite team. He loved them since he was a little boy. The last time the Packers won the Super Bowl was in 1997. I remember how giddy Josh was. Just like a little boy. His face was so joyful. We carry his love and passion for the Packers as a way to feel close to him. Emily asked me today what her dad would think if he was there. Then she said that he probably was there. I don't know if he was there or not, but I do know it made her feel close to her daddy. That's why it means so much. It's not a game to us, it's a connection to my children's father, and they need it.





When they WON, they cheered and yelled and cheered so more. Oh, I was the loudest! What a wonderful evening. I love sharing these moments with my babies. We just love football and having your team win the Super Bowl is very exciting!


Emily feels very passionately about her team. She was yelling, "In your face! We are number one!"

3 comments:

angie said...

Our whole family thought of you guys last night... we knew Joseph must have been thrilled! Guess you all were!!!

lindseyfrancom said...

What great family time and what a wonderful thing to do to remember Josh! I am glad they won!

Cyndi said...

For the first time in forever I cared who won because of you & your kiddos & that special connection to Josh. Glad the Packers could pull through to put some smiles on your faces!!