Monday, June 11, 2012

Especially For Youth



Joseph got to go to EFY last week with one of his best friends, Cole. EFY is a youth conference held at BYU. It is a chance for young people to get together and learn more about the gospel in a fun way while making friends from all over. Many fun activities and spiritual experiences. The first night I received a text from Joseph:

I read a chapter in my scriptures and I had so much fun today. Thank you for letting me come. Thanks mom, I love you and I am sorry for lying and I also wrote a page and 1/2 in my journal!! I love it here and I've learned so much about the gospel. This place is strengthening my testimony so much. It is actually fun learning about the gospel and my counselor loves me and Cole cause when he walked i...n me and Cole were writing in our journals and reading the scriptures and now I am in Mormon 4. It's awesome!!!!!!! I love you so much and today I made so many new friends like all the kids on my floor love me and we hung in me and Cole's room. It was a blast today love you goodnight!

 The second to last night I received another text from Joseph. He bore the most beautiful testimony of the atonement and his love for the gospel. I am so happy that it was such a great experience for him. It is a pricey camp, but when you take into account that he has his own testimony now, it is worth every penny. I guess we better start saving for next year. Oh, after I finish paying this year off. 

Joseph & Joseph

3 comments:

Teri said...

Love it!!

Cyndi said...

Some of my fondest memories are from the years I went to EFY. I learned so much and gained a testimony that I know has helped me through the hard times in my life. Worth every penny is right (Oh and the rule at my house was I had to earn half of it...still worth it!)!!

Unknown said...

I loved EFY soooooo much when I was his age!