Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Happy Birthday Sarah!


Three years ago my sweet baby girl, Sarah Marie was born. She lay on my chest, holding her daddy's finger. She struggled for breath as I tried to take in every single second of the 15 minutes I would have to spend with her here on Earth. Much too short and oh so painful. When Sarah died, a part of me died as well. I have been forever changed by the short life of my little girl. I know her spirit lives on and she is waiting in heaven for us to come and raise her, but my head can't seem to quite explain it to my heart. I still ache for her all the time. On days like these it helps to know that there are a few people out there who love me enough to reach out to me on this day. I am still surprised at how many people don't express  love for our family on this day, especially family members, but the precious few that do, I appreciate so much. I want to know that other's are aware that although brief, my daughter was born, she lived, she is part of our family and she matters. 
     
 The sweet woman who works at the Macey's bakery made my day. She made this cake special for Sarah and gave me a great deal. Her loving kindness touched my heart and made me cry. She is seriously the best cake maker I know. She has made many special cakes for my children, but this one takes the cake......yes, I went there. Oh by the way, it was DELICIOUS!!!!!
 My wonderful friend from California sent Sarah this bouquet. I put it on her grave. Thank you Jamie for remembering Sarah today. It means so much!!!!
 My sweet friend brought this over to me this morning. I love it. It is a necklace with a nest carrying four eggs. One egg for each of my four babies. I love the mommy bird charm on it too. Thank you Teri for remembering that I have four babies and loving me on this hard day.
 We went to the cemetery to bring Sarah some special things we had gathered for her. 
 Emily brought her balloons!

 My beautiful friend brought this over for me with a sweet note. I was so glad she came by. I needed the personal visits I got today. It has been a rough day. Thanks Alesha for always loving me so perfectly!!
     My mom bought this sweet little bracelet for Sarah. It says, "Princess". Sarah means "Princess" so I love it. She also told me that it said Heavenly Father's Princess. I put it in her special box. I am sad the boys were not here to celebrate. The celebration felt so incomplete. I guess it always does because Sarah can only be there in spirit and when it comes to our babies, that just isn't enough. 
Happy Birthday my beautiful daughter. I miss you more than I could ever express and my empty arms ache more than I thought they could. I cannot wait to see you in heaven. I cannot wait to raise you and hold you and do all of the things I feel that I am missing. I love you Sarah Marie Ige. You have a piece of me with you. I am trying to get along without it. 

2 comments:

Teri said...

That cake is GORGEOUS!!!! I love you! I'm so glad you like the necklace. I knew I had to get one for you after I got mine. You are an amazing friend, and an especially amazing mom. I love your sweet kids. And I can't wait to meet Sarah in heaven.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you were surrounded by love on Sarah's birthday. I'm sure she is looking forward to being with you again too. XOXO