Sunday, March 9, 2008

Homemade Toys

So, this is the present that Emily made for her best friend, Samantha for her birthday. She says that it is a girl and a boy doll that come with accesories. Let me tell you what each one is and you see if you can match them up. Hose, scissors, soccer ball, sit-and-bounce, teddy bear, baseball, and a hat. She makes all of her creations out of paper. She doesn't get help from anyone. She has made some incredible things like, gloves that you could really put your hands in, an apron (kinda hard to wear), hats, dolls books, an ATM card, etc. If she doesn't have something she makes it with paper. The sad part is she started this passion when she made her "Imaginary Friends" her words. She has hundreds in a lunch box and has named them all. Since she started hanging out with Samantha, production on those has come to a stand still. Now she has a real friend, YEAH! Oh, and in case you're wondering why the interesting combo of accesories for these dolls, I have no idea. I'm sure she has a reason that is perfectly logical. She always does.

3 comments:

Teri said...

Get that girl some fabric! She is bound to be the best fashion designer in town!!

Anonymous said...

I love to see Emily's work! She's so amazing! I was never that creative!

Ariane said...

I think this is adorable. I love creative kids. It shows that she has some real imagination. I agree with Terri, get the girl some fabric and patterns! She's sure to be a designer.