Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Goodbye #4

I was greatly saddened to learn of the retirement of all time (in my opinion) quarterback great, Brett Favre. I guess shedding a few tears over this means I'm a die hard fan. He will be greatly missed by me and my family and all who love football!! I feel so fortunate to have been able to watch him play live at Lambeau Field with the biggest fan there ever was and taught me the love of the game through Favre. Goodbye #4 We love you. Thanks for the memories.
#12 Quatrerback, Aaron Rodgers, will step in and try to fill those big shoes. We support you Rodgers. Go Pack Go!!!
I know this means nothing to most of you, but some of my fondest memories include Brett Favre and someone I loved very much!
p.s. I just told the kids the news. Emily seems to be taking it hard. She is running around shouting about the injustice of it all. She told me that she is going to go to that retirement home and tell Brett that he's not old and the new guy will probably suck! Hopefully she will recover from her anger by September so we can all root for the new guy. If not she will be yelling at the t.v. telling the new guy what a loser he is and how Brett was so much better. Believe me that is exactly what will happen. I have raised such a little lady!! Right!

2 comments:

Teri said...

Your memories are such treasures. I know that although to some it is just football, it means a lot to you. Just like Nascar is for me. I wouldn't even know what it was if I wasn't married to a fan!

Anonymous said...

I'm not as nice as Teri- Who cares about football?! I got dumped by a football player once and ever since then I've realized that football is LAME!!!