Sunday, December 7, 2008

Macey's

For those of you not familiar with the most wonderful grocery store called Macey's, I want to explain why I have such devotion for it. First, I think I've only been there a few times when I haven't seen a familiar face and usually a friend. It's always nice to see your friends and neighbors. The store itself is wonderful. They have constant activities, crafts, cooking classes etc. FREE! It is so much fun to shop there. Saturday was no exception. I happened upon this Fairy Class. It was for girls 3-10. I took Emily. They have a little theatre upstairs. In the theatre, they made fairy wings and got fairy wands. They got to hear Grandmother Fairy tell a story about where fairies come from and they ate little fairy snacks. We then went downstairs where they were sprinkled with "fairy dust" (glitter). We then flew all through the store collecting treats from every department. String cheese from the deli, gogurts from the dairy etc. They got so many treats.

Back in the deli they also had a special fish and underwater show. They learned about crabs, octopus, fish, etc. They even got to touch them. Emily got to hold this octopus by putting her hand in it's head. She said it was gross, but cool. I agree.

Back in produce our adventure ended with a visit to Santa. They even took pictures we can pick up on Monday (free)! They had brought in a piano and someone was even playing Christmas Carols on the piano. What a fabulous activity from the greatest grocery store on the planet!


3 comments:

The Greathouse Family said...

So, what? You think that Utah is so much cooler than California?!! We have lots of fun stuff at our grocery stores, too, like:

Wait-...umm...I'm thinking, thinking...umm...okay- got it...nevermind!-...maybe-oh, not that...DARN IT!!! All I can think about is getting my ankles rammed by the shopping cart by the person behind me in line!!

You win....

Ronda said...

I guess Jamie is right,you do win,but I've been shopping at this cool fairly new store here called the Fresh and Easy Market. There fruit is pretty cheap (especially the apples) and it's just a fun little store to go to. They have this little kitchen area where they do samples, it's fun. Amy loves to go with me and scan the items, but I still get help bagging. Last night I got a pretty good size Caramello candy bar (one of my favorites that I haven't had in a while) for only .62, I liked the price so much that I had to buy 3.

Anyway what a cool store!

Jaime said...

Okay, that sounds so cool I might reconsider moving to Utah, yeah right! Okay, but it does sound really great, and seriously where do you get opportunities to take pictures and blog about a grocery store? That is awesome!