Wednesday, December 31, 2008

California



The day after Christmas we went down to California for a few days. Christopher brought one if his friends, Lexin. The kids had fun playing on the beach.



I stayed with my bestest friend, Jamie. We met our other friend, Ronda at Atlantis park. (a fun gated park with an underwater theme) It was so good to see Ronda and her kids. She is one of the kindest and most special people I have ever met! This is a picture of all three of us!


One of the days we went to Sea World. We had passes this year and enjoyed the park 3 times. We went to all the special holiday shows. The Shamu spectacular was amazing. They had a deaf Choir accomanied by a saxaphone, so beautiful! It was very spiritual and wonderful. It was such a fun time with Jamie and her kids! They even got to see the California Santa!


One of the days Jamie and I took the kids on a picnic at Huntington Beach Central Park. We used to go there all the time together when I lived there. It was such a beautiful day. Emily enjoyed climbing trees.


I got to see my other best friend, Stephanie. This is a picture of her and I and a picture of her so cute baby, Logan and Joseph and Emily. Stephanie, Jamie, and I had a game night. It was so much fun!

The first night night we got there Jamie took us out to dinner. They had a dessert bar. Emily made her ice cream really big! I LOVE Maryn's face in this picture. Charles and Joseph got along so great, as usual. They are the best of friends and I love it when they are together. They love each other so much. I love Jamie's kids. They are family to me. They all think they are cousins and I think that's wonderful!


I got to see my friend Della and her family. I just love Della and I haven't seen her for so long. It was such a treat especially for Emily who is best friends with her daughter, Lili. We all went to Chuck E Cheese to let the kids play while we visited. It was GREAT!!!!


This is Emily and my cousin, Tiffany. I hadn't seen her forever. Emily really liked her! We went out to lunch with my Grandma, Dad, Uncle, and cousins.


We went over to my brother's house for dinner. It was so nice. The kids were all spoiled by their aunt and uncle. My SIL made the yummiest dinner. We played a fun game that made us all laugh. My brother is in the picutre with the kids.

We also visited Joseph and Emily's Great Grandparents. It was so nice to see them. They are such wonderful people! We got to see Josh's (Joseph and Emily's dad) Aunt and cousins (below). It was so good to see them. Everyone had grown so much and looked so good.

On the last night I was there I got to go out with my dear friend, Leasa. It was so incredibley good to see her and hang out with her. I have missed her more than I realized. We had great fun!! It was Jamie, Leasa, Celeste, and me. We went out to dinner and saw the Benjamin Button movie. It was excellent. Mostly the company was just priceless!! I so miss all of my friends. I think I got to see everyone I miss the most. I was sad to leave. I want to go back for a longer time in the summer and see all my friends again. Thank you for all who took the time to visit. I love you all and had the best time. A special thank you to Jamie, you do way too much for me and my family and words could never express how great my appreciation and love is for you. Tell Glenn thank you and Charles and Maryn We love them to pieces!!!

This is just a random picture from Christmas of our puppy Jax. He is getting so big and he is so cute!

4 comments:

Ronda said...

I had fun too...can't wait to see you again.

The Greathouse Family said...

Hey You! You left to soon! I was hoping to convince you to move in!

But, seriously, I had the BEST time with you and the kids. I miss you all so much already. It was a wonderful visit and I always wish it were longer. You are such a beautiful woman in every way and such a joy in my life.

Memorable moments:
Clara's Dance
Sea World
Movie Night
Game Night
Joseph and Charles

Anonymous said...

Mindy I miss you so much. I had a great time. I wish we could have spent more time together. Thanks for mentioning our time together in your blog.
Leasa

Jaime said...

I didn't even know you came down! I'm so glad you got to see so many people!