Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Cerclage

So, yesterday I had my dreaded surgery. I was supposed to be put under general, but they decided last minute that I only needed a spinal. Good for recovery, but scary. I laid there awake the whole time all exposed and in stirrups. Kinda nerve racking. My last cerclage 10 years ago, (a stitch put in your cervix to hold the baby in), was similar. This doctor put in 3 stitches instead of 1. He said that me cervix was ALREADY OPEN!!! Scary!!!! Even with the stitch I had to be on bed rest a great deal during my last pregnancy because my cervix started to open. I wonder if 3 stitches will help me avoid bed rest and hold this baby in. I also had a little tumor cut off and stitched up in my groin area. It hurts pretty bad to sit, since it is right on the stitches. Didn't want to, but have needed to take the pain meds. I go back Monday for my re-check! Dennis got to see the baby moving all around in a little ultrasound at the hospital. You could tell he liked seeing the baby. He never got to see his other ones before they were born, so this is pretty special. My awesome friend Teri brought me over dinner last night! Thank you so much Teri!!! I ate WAY too much garlic bread, yum! I haven't called yet because I was in pain or sleeping all last night and I suppose that is why I am wide awake at 4 a.m. I love and appreciate all you do for me. So, the stitches are in, I'm in my second trimester, and the baby looks good. Now I just need to hold this baby in for a while. Thank you for all of your prayers and well wishes. This baby is going to be so loved by so many!!

4 comments:

Ronda said...

Miss you ... hope everything goes well!

Teri said...

Our family loves you so much! I totally understand why you didn't call. Now, get some sleep!

Ariane said...

Hey Mindy! I hope you're doing ok! Let me know if you need anything.

Cory said...

oh. i wish i lived closer. how are you feeling now? better??