Monday, April 27, 2009

Dr. Apt.

So, my doctors apt. was even more frustrating than my hospital escapades. My doctor explained that the mucus was normal due to my cervical cerclage. So, time and money wasted. I then talked to him regarding my fears. He went on a long spiel about how research doesn't really support checking your cervix regularly unless you are bleeding or having preterm labor. He also expressed his belief that bed rest might not really make a difference. So his conclusion is that I should do whatever I feel is necessary. How the heck do I know? I know that Joseph was born at 26 weeks after 6 weeks of not even moving in the hospital. I also know that with Emily I had a cerclage and was on bed rest my whole pregnancy and she was just 3 weeks early. So, what do I do. stay in bed and hope for the best or keep doing what I'm doing and hope that I'm not making things worse. I had a serious anxiety attack and broke down at the store after the apt. I don't' know what to do. I need this baby to be safe. What would you do?

4 comments:

Ariane said...

Sweety, go with your history! Stay down as much as possible. Your kids are all old enough and capable enough to help you and you have friends and neighbors who will take up the slack. If you rest as much as possible and the baby is healthy, then nothing is lost but if you resume normal activity and something happens, you'll never forgive yourself. REST REST REST! What kind of doctor says that bedrest doesn't make a difference???

The Greathouse Family said...

Okay, I know you might not like my opinion, but you asked for it!

ENJOY this pregnancy!!!!!! This is a special time in your life! You are spending so much time worrying about things that are out of your control. You have done everything you can to make this baby safe. If Heavenly Father wants you to have this baby, it WILL happen. This preganacy is a huge miraculous blessing from the start, I'm SURE it is meant to be! Take it easy, get plenty of rest, don't do anything strenuous, but most of all: Try to RELAX. Think of a way to calm yourself through the anxiety. Panic and fear are not of the Spirit. There could be forces at work here that are out to take the JOY from this experience. Heavenly Father wants you to be happy. Use Him for guidance when you are feeling unsure. He will always lead you to peace and help you know what to do. Trust that this baby is meant to be and your body will keep it safe.

I know that I haven't been in your shoes. I know that you are so scared, but you are going to be fine!

Jaime said...

I think you should have Dennis give you a priesthood blessing and follow the counsel you receive. The priesthood blessings I received from David when I was trying to get pregnant and when I was pregnant were very comforting and valuable to me.

Cory said...

i'm a little late to read this, but rest up lady. just stay off your feet and have everyone wait on you. it's okay. you're busy enough cooking that baby. so just rest and cook it.