Saturday, April 25, 2009

Hospital, Art & Birthday

So, today I woke up with some disturbing mucus plug like discharge. Sorry, but it is what it is. I called my OB because I was worried that my cervix was opening. Another OB was on call and he sent me to the emergency room to let them deal with it. They said that if the OB doesn't know if it's normal how can we? Well, good point! They checked and said it seemed to be closed, but to stay on bed rest for the weekend until I can see my own OB on Monday. I hate being scared all the time that something is going to go wrong. It sucks!! I stayed in bed all day and got out for about 30 minutes to attend Emily's art gallery exhibit. This one on top is called "Rainbow".

"Self Portrait"

"Day at the Beach"

Today was also Emily and Joseph's dad's birthday. I'm sure Christopher would join in too because he considered Josh his dad too, but he was out of town camping with his friend's family. They wanted to celebrate with a cake and letting some balloons go up to heaven for him. They pick this color every time because before he died he told them that his favorite color was the color of throw-up! Lovely!! They never forgot and apparently throw-up is orange in my children's minds. Emily had the bakery write, "Happy Birthday Daddy", on the cake. Some days my heart breaks for my kids, but they seem to handle it in stride. I know Josh is watching from heaven with a big smile so proud of his babies!




3 comments:

The Greathouse Family said...

Hey! Emily's artwork is really good! She does have a talent there.

You are going to be fine, really. Keep the positive thoughts flowing. The stress isn't good for you ar the baby. Keep a calm feeling around you and push those scary thoughts away. Be "Hawaiian Style, Baby!!"

I'll keep you in my prayers. This baby is meant to be and she's been strong from the beginning! Your body wants this baby, too, and it will keep it safe for you.

You are awesome and I can't wait to see you add another one to your family! Love you!

(Isn't it amazing that after this heartfelt post, I still feel no desire to give you an untraceable cellphone? Puzzling, isn't it?)

Ariane said...

Hey woman! Don't you just LOVE going to the ER for no reason? So fun...ha. I hope everything is ok. Just stay down and be positive. If you need anything, let me know. It would be great to think about someone other than myself for a little while! Love ya!

Cory said...

Oh man. what an eventful weekend. i hope you're having a little bit of fun relaxing in bed though. Watch tv, put your feet up and enjoy being waited on by your awesome family!!
I just want to say that I love that your kids think throw up is orange. You know, i threw up orange once. Not an actual orange as in the fruit, but the color. i was about 9 years old and i threw up orange streaks all through the house trying to make it to the bathroom but failing miserably!!!
My mom wasn't too happy about that!