Monday, October 18, 2010

The Never Ending Birthday Bash

Emily started her birthday celebrating with her friend "party" on Friday. She dressed in her Halloween costume and we were off.

We went to Pirate Island for dinner. It is like a high class Chuck E. Cheese.
The girls danced on the stage.
Emily enjoyed her free dessert.
Next stop was the movie theatre. We saw Secretariat. We were the first ones there and the girls put on a dancing show. We then came home and the girls played until midnight. Emily said that it was her best birthday ever. Maybe I should have stopped there.
Sunday, we had a family party. I got Emily her very own little cake.
Eleven candles on her little cake.
You know that tradition when you let your one year old smash their face in their cake and eat with their fingers? Well, Emily wants to do it every year. Her big step-sister, Christine helped her out. She loved it! She is a funny girl.

I got my little girl a sewing machine. She is my little domestic girl. She loves to sew and cook. She must have gotten it from my mom. I can't wait to get her started on it.
Today is her real birthday and she was spoiled rotten. Chris and I woke up at six and took her to breakfast at Denny's for her free Grand Slam.
Chris and I picked her up from school at lunch time with some balloons and a birthday crown. We then took her to Chili's for lunch.

After school, I picked her up and we had some girl time at the nail salon. We both got pedicures. Emily is hooked and wants to do this again next year. It was very relaxing.

When we got home her brothers gave her their present. A new guitar. Chris really wanted to get this for her. I hope she actually learns how to play. It is a nice Fender folk guitar. She was excited.
Dennis had to work all day until ten so he missed all the fun. He did send her a very special item. These pink carnations. Emily's daddy gave her pink carnations every year for her birthday. Dennis has carried on this tradition and it means a lot to her. She never lets us forget to get them for her.
When my mom got home we took Emily to the mall. My mom let her pick out a Build-a-Bear. She got a puppy with a couple outfits and fun accessories. She had so much fun at the store. The boys met us at the food court after football practice and we ate dinner and hung out. As you can see, she was treated as a queen. My little birthday girl turned eleven today. She makes life so much fun. I am grateful to have her. As I reflect on her little life, I am reminded how precious her life is and how we almost lost her. Her brain tumor caused some damage, but it didn't take her life. I know things are hard for her and my heart hurts for her struggles, but I think she is pretty amazing just the way she is. Happy birthday baby girl. Mommy loves you!!

5 comments:

Jaime said...

Wow what a birthday!!! So awesome! She looks beautiful!!

Teri said...

Happy Birthday Emily! We love you!!

Laurie said...

That is one heck of a birthday celebration! Happy birthday to Emily!

Beard Family said...

What a great way to spend a birthday. She is amazing!! Happy Birthday Emily!!!!

lindseyfrancom said...

OH MY GOODNESS She was spoiled- and totally deserved it! HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY glad it was the best ever!