Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

 We drove down to California for the weekend. We drove for two days and enjoyed ourselves the other two days. We went to surprise my nephew for his 8th birthday. We went directly to my sister's house and brought some balloons and surprised him at his door. He was shocked and excited. I dropped my mom and Joseph off there and they spent the whole weekend there. I then went to my friend, Stephanie's house. We had a fun first evening playing games and chatting. The next day we took our kids to Balboa. Christopher was with his dad.
 Stephanie and Logan
 We went to the end of the pier and ate lunch at Ruby's.
 We then went to the beach for a while. Emily LOVES the beach! She never wanted to leave.
 We then went over to the Balboa Fun Zone. We went on the ferris wheel and the carousel.

 Emily ate her very first caramel apple. She said that it was "The Best!!!"
 My little fish wasn't done with the water quite yet. When we got back to Stephanie's house she went swimming.
 I finally had to make her get out because it was about 8:30 at night. She went to bed easily and I enjoyed the night with my friend.
 The next morning, I said, "Goodbye" to Stephanie and I headed to Huntington Beach with Christopher, Emily and Lexin (Christopher's friend). Emily just loved being there. The big boys took her way far out into the water. She was in heaven.

 We then headed over to my sister's house for my nephew's party. The picture above is my brother and his wife. They are having their first baby in December. I am so excited for them. The picture below is my sister's kids. Tommy, the birthday boy and Rowdy, the sweet baby.

 All the cousins!!
Emily and my sister, Brandy
Rowdy in his cute jammies I got him.
After the party we headed over to my friend, Jamie's house. Emily and her daughter Maryn played barbies forever. We then had a bon fire and made smores. Then I got to go out with Jamie for a shake at Johnny Rockets and a movie. It was so fun just having a night out. Her husband is always so awesome to watch the kids so we can go out!


The next morning we gathered everyone up from where they were staying and got ready to go. This is one of Christopher's little brother's, Landen. It was a long drive home. It was so worth it just to see the people I love most. Two days is way too short, but it was a wonderful weekend!!!

2 comments:

lindseyfrancom said...

Sounds like you were able to squeeze in alot for a short two days! I am so glad you could go visit family and friends.

Cyndi said...

Some people would think that short of a trip to Cali wouldn't be worth it. Some people are not you and me, eh? I'm glad you could get away even if just for a bit! It looks like you had a blast!! Emily certainly looks like she enjoyed it. What a cutie!!