Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mexican Riviera

I was so lucky to be able to go on a cruise to the Mexican Riviera for seven days with one of my bestest friends a couple weeks ago. Here we are about to leave for our cruise.
When we first got on the ship we went to the main dining room for lunch. It was the most beautiful restaurant I have ever seen. There was lots of fancy food for Jamie to try and plenty of plain food for me. We ate there at least once a day. Most days two. It was so fun eating there in style.
Our room was nice, but the best part was our balcony. We had a private balcony that made for wonderful views. We left the door open all night and slept to the sound of the ocean at night. So heavenly!
Our first port was Cabo San Lucas. We tendered to the shore and did some shopping. Then we went on a super fun Rhino excursion. Jamie likes to drive and I like to ride so this was perfect for us. She is a crazy fun driver. We went over bumps and rocks and she even did 360's. It was great fun. We came across some very interesting things on this journey. There were some emaciated cows just stranded. Even a cow carcass. Gross! We were encircled by vultures at times. We even got stranded at some deserted restaurant in the middle of nowhere. Good times. Seriously it was super fun!
At night the moon shining on the water was so breathtaking off of our balcony.
Balcony again!
One super fun thing was coming back to our room at night to find these cool animals made out of towels on my bed. A different one every night. So creative! The next port was in Cabo too. We had a different adventure this time. I am sad because the photographer on our excursion was busy and they didn't let us bring our cameras, so no pictures. It was however, an amazing adventure. We went zip lining. It was crazy. There were 8 but, because the hiking got too hard for me we only did 5. We did the longest and fastest ones though. The last one is about half a mile long and goes up to 50 mph. Crazy! It was so fun. The guides were these young handsome boys. They were so kind and helpful. So chivalrous those Mexican young men are. It helped make our time even more pleasant. I love zip lining.
Our third port was in Puerto Vallarta. We got off the ship and got on a catamaran and headed to a private beach. It was THE most beautiful beach I have ever seen. You are greeted when you arrive and serenaded to as you walk onto the beach. Palm trees, hammocks, lounge chairs, very handsome young men to entertain you on the way over and then help you when you arrive. you were served drinks (water for me) on the beach. It was full serve for sure. They also feed you an authentic Mexican lunch. So good!
We went snorkeling. There is Jamie above under water. The visibility wasn't too good, but it was super fun and tiring.  My legs were so tired that I kept falling down and rolling in the sand when I tried to get out of the water. So funny!
They even had these cool Macaws flying around. It was a tropical paradise. I was so sad to leave and want to come back so bad.
Here we are on formal night. We had professional pictures taken, but the photographer thought we were a "couple" and our pictures came out looking like engagement photos. The worst part is they are displayed and people kept looking at them. We finally asked for them to be thrown out. When we think about it we laugh so hard we pee our pants. The cruise was so wonderful. The shows were so good. The game shows had us laughing. We even went dancing. We saw a hypnosis show. Hilarious!!! I had the most luxurious hot stone massage. We also joined the spa. They only let 100 people join from the cruise. It gave us access to private areas and our own pool, hot tub, hydro therapy tub, sauna etc. It was so relaxing and private. We had the time of our lives and so many memories. I love you Jamie!! Thank you so much for coming along on this amazing journey!! Sisters Forever!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Aaaaaahhhh!!! So amazing!! It sounds like you guys squeezed out every drop of fun you could!! I love it! And I totally want to go on a cruise now!!

The Greathouse Family said...

It was the "time of our lives" for sure!!! I can't even begin to say "thank you" for your friendship. It means more to me than you will ever know. I love you!

My favorite memories are: being stranded at the restaurant, our new besty, Betty, the hydrotherapy pool, our engagement photo, Jean the trapeze artist, Versaille, lunch in Las Caletas, the Quest game, and our "what if?" game!!!

BEST VACATION EVER!!!!!!

Cyndi said...

It looks like you had the most amazing time!! I wish I could see your engagement pictures....ha, ha....you are so lucky to have such a close friend that you could have a wonderful time with...enough that people thought you were a "couple". That's hilarious! So glad you had fun...you deserve it, lady!!

lindseyfrancom said...

WOW doesn't even come close to describe how amazing that sounds! It sounds like a dream. I can't even imagine experiencing that. I am so very jealous. So so glad you got to go and be with a good friend- couple or not hahaha!