Saturday, June 7, 2008

Baby Birds

Emily found a nest full of baby birds in one of our trees. Emily named them of course. She stands on a bucket and watches them for long periods of time only to run in and give us a report. We saw the momma bring worms and we got to watch the babies eat them. She had like three worms in her mouth at once. The blue stuff on the nest is....can you guess?? SILLY STRING!! Ten year old boys are so retarded!!! Joseph "accidently" squirted the nest. I have tried to get it off, but momma doesn't want me too close so, I really hope they don't try to eat it and get sick. What a fun little part of nature we have in our willow tree!!
Tallulah, Percy, Jeffrey, & Harry

Mamma Bird

2 comments:

Teri said...

What a treasure! I have seen Emily spending time in the tree, and I've wondered what was up. What a cool thing!

Ariane said...

That is too cool. What a sweet little thing Emily is to just keep watch. I love it!! Cool pictures.