Sunday, June 1, 2008

Lake Tahoe

Dennis and I were able to go on a four day vacation alone. That doesn't happen too often so it was quite a treat. We flew into Reno and drove to Lake Tahoe, where we stayed in a nice hotel with a lake view. The room was HUGE. It even had his/hers bathrooms. I loved having my own bathroom. The bathrooms even had a T.V. and phone in each one. The bed had a down comforter. It was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. We relaxed, shopped, enjoyed the sights, etc. We had such a nice time together. We need to do that more often. Vacationing without the kids is always a treat.


To remember our wonderful trip to Lake Tahoe, Dennis bought me this gorgeous emerald ring, because I told him I wanted it, but also to celebrate our wonderful time at Emerald Bay. Isn't he so nice???? I truly am a very lucky woman to have a kind husband. He is very thrifty, but for me can be so very generous! It's nice to be loved so much. I love my dorky husband!!!






We went on a wonderful boat cruise intoEmerald Bay. It was such a beautiful day. The most breathtaking part of the lake is always Emerald Bay. I love the old castle on the shore. You can hike down to it and go through it.

















While in Tahoe, we visited an old gold mining town, Virginia city. The original buildings and artifacts were quite interesting. It was fun to look around and get a taste of history. It made for a fun afternoon.


























3 comments:

Teri said...

You really are back to blogging! I'm so jealous of your vacation. I dream of a fun trip without my kiddos! Maybe soon! How did Dennis like being on the other side of the jail bars?

Jaime said...

Oh my gosh, what a lucky girl you are!

The Greathouse Family said...

Yeah, I love the ring that "Dennis bought" for you! Hee!Hee! It's really pretty!

Going on vacation with your friends can also be a lot of fun! ;)

Dennis is one lucky guy! If Webkinz was the real world, you'd be rich! He just needs to see that!