Thursday, November 13, 2008

Christmas Shopping Woes


So, my two big kids (Christine and Andrew) asked me for the "Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit" for their Wii for Christmas. I got them the Wii last year and am so glad they love it and use it. Of course, I want to get this for them. I always want to get people something they want. I want my gift to be their most favorite. I know I have issues, but it does make people happy. I have been calling around, checking online and searching every store for this special item. They are sold out EVERYWHERE!! I have spent several hours already looking and I see many more hours focused on this mission in the future. A little while ago I got ahold of this game store in the mall. They said that they had one left, but couldn't hold it. I asked to purchase it over the phone with my credit card, but the lady said she couldn't. I jumped in the car so excited. I drove quickly and ran to the store. When I got there I asked the lady and she said, "I'm sorry we don't have any." I said, "You've got to be kidding me! When did you sell it?" She told me that she just sold it about three minutes before. I normally would have been disappointed, but understanding,but not this time. I totally feel in my gut like she was lying! I just know it. I was almost in tears and wanted to shout, "LIAR!!" at her. I truly think by the look on her face that her and the other employee just thought it would be funny to make someone rush for nothing. I honestly do. Maybe I'm crazy, but I really think they were just messing with me. Everyone has been sold out so it was a miracle they had one, but I think they lied. How mean!! I really feel sad now, but my quest for the favoritest present for my big kids continues. Do our kids ever realize how much we do to make them happy? Maybe when they have kids! I wish you all better luck than mine on finding that perfect gift for your loved ones and thanks for listening to me vent!

5 comments:

Teri said...

Can you fill my Christmas list? I want...............(well, you know!)

You have always been the best gift giver. My kids probably like your presents better than the ones they get from Santa!

The Greathouse Family said...

Oh, Mindy! You are like an angel- or a crazy person. You have the best heart in the world! Your gift to your kids should be your sparkling personality and whit! But, alas, I know in my heart that this will not do! I know that you will not rest until you have obtained the perfect gift! And, that's what makes you the Mindy that I love so much! Good luck! I'll try to help.

Ariane said...

That's the most frustrating story. If I'd been with you, I would've slapped that woman myself. I wish you luck. I'll have Doug keep his eye out for the game at Best Buy. Maybe he can hide one for you if they get it in.... He also has a connection at another game store so I'll have him look around for ya if you want.

Ronda said...

That's so frustrating!
I can't help with the Wii gift, but I know another perfect gift...
Can you guess?

Jaime said...

Check out Target on Friday, they have a deal on the World Tour.