Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Gratitude

So my last post wasn't very cheery. That is just how it goes for me sometimes. Today, however, I am filled with gratitude and joy for my loving Heavenly Father and the great love and tender mercies he shows me. In the past two days I have been truly blessed by so many of you. Yesterday, I had a friend come over and bring not only her love and support, but a sweet gift to help me keep Sarah close to my heart. What a treasure and joy she is in my life. I had phone calls of concern. I had a wonderful visit from a very dear friend today. She wanted to visit Sarah's room and see all of her things and share my memories with her. I had my Bishop call me in to check on me and give me beautiful words of counsel and love. I had another kind friend just give me the most wonderful loving hug when I was leaving the church. I had the kind comments from all of you as well. I am blessed. I may have pain, but I definitely have joy. The pain makes the joy so much sweeter. I feel your love my dear friends and it means more than my words could ever express. You are all truly the angels, the instruments in the hands of the Lord, that answer my prayers. The love I have felt in the last couple days has filled up that empty cup and it now runneth over. Thank you. I have a beautiful daughter that I miss, but I have a lot here too to be grateful for. I am so grateful for the happiness and joy that I have that comes from knowing and living the Gospel. I truly have never known more peace as I have than while living the Gospel. It is my source of comfort and strength. I know that my pain will subside and healing will become more complete in time. I know that because Christ has already suffered these things for me that I may be succored by Him. When I take the time to see and feel what I do have now, I am overwhelmed with gratitude. My life is full and complete. I have known much loss, but the loss is temporary and so it is eternally complete. Today I am most grateful for those kindnesses from all of you. I am going to try to compile a more complete list, but for now it is sufficient for me to say that today instead of pain I feel loved.

5 comments:

Ariane said...

You're a sweet, sweet woman and I adore you. It's hard to find gratitude in when we're in pain, but it shows our strength when we can.

Teri said...

You are amazing!
Love you!

Laurie said...

I just got caught up with your posts. I am so sorry that you have been having such a hard time. You are wonderful!! We love you and miss seeing your beautiful smile.

Cyndi said...

I'm glad you're feeling better and I'm glad you feel loved because you really are so very loved!! Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

lindseyfrancom said...

This was beautiful to read. I hope I can be one of those friends for you. And, of course, I am glad you are feeling some joy. I am here for you dear, if you ever want to talk about anything. Love you.