Sunday, November 15, 2009

How Was Your Day?

How was your day? Mine was just wonderful. I am being facetious of course. I had to go to a meeting in the morning. As I was getting ready I knocked my wax machine off the counter. For those of you lucky enough to not be a she-man like me, let me explain. I have horrible facial hair struggles. If this is too much info, well, oh well. I use hot wax to remove it so I can look somewhat like a girl. It is sticky and ruins everything it touches except skin. All of my cords got tangled. It spilled everywhere ruining my water pic, the only skirt that really fits me, a shirt, my hair dryer, curling iron and nubulizer (for Joseph's breathing treatments). Not to mention the floor, which thank goodness it's tile, I will be scraping that for the next week. I also had it all over my hands and feet. Boy was that FUN!! I did pretty good not getting too upset. I mean, it's just stuff. I was running late by now for my meeting and I had to just go with my hair all wet and my feet, seriously, sticking to my shoes. When I came home I realized Emily was not feeling well and Joseph was wheezing so I thought it would be fine to just let them both stay home. I brought my phone to church, which I never do, so they could call if there was trouble. Not usually having a phone, I forgot to hold it in case it vibrated. Walking out from Sacrament meeting, there she was, no pants, her hair a wild mess like Medusa, and a very angry story. She was only wearing a long t-shirt and socks. I am not even joking. She continued to tell me how Joseph was trying to "strangle" her. I then looked at my phone to see 6 missed calls. I had three very frightening screaming messages from the both of them. I guess they were beating the crap out of each other. Nice. Knowing I had to be in young women's, my mom took her home and stayed with them. Then in young women's the advisor had her baby and was trying to teach. I knew I should help her with the baby, but I just couldn't do it. I couldn't bring myself to hold the baby. I felt like such a jerk. She was probably wondering why I wasn't helping her and being so rude. The truth is, I am having such a difficult time right now with my grief. The holidays are really not helping. I just could not bring myself to hold that baby. I just couldn't do it. I knew I should, but I couldn't. I hope that poor woman isn't offended by my weakness. I came home and sobbed because of it. Because of all of it. I can't stand hearing about or looking at babies. That is as honest as I can be. I can't stand it. I can't stand people complaining about pregnancies. I can't stand a lot of things right now. This is my problem, I'm aware of that. I know people aren't doing anything wrong. It is just my pain and I have to get through it. I feel as if my pain is invisible to others a lot of the time. I feel alone in my grief and I just want to scream to the world sometimes, "Don't you see how much I hurt?" So I guess this is my scream. I hope your day was better than mine and I hope tomorrow is better for me. I do have perfectly lovely days sometimes........and other times, not so much! I do thank those that are so supportive and loving to me as I stumble along this rocky road. You are my angels and I cherish you!

7 comments:

Beard Family said...

I am so sorry for your bad day. I wish the pain would all go away for you. You should not feel bad about not taking the baby. You are not ready and at least you know that. I hope you have the comfort of the Holy Ghost to help you through this. We do love you and miss you. Have a better week!!!

lindseyfrancom said...

oh Mindy, I am sorry you had a bad day. I really wish there was something I could do for you. Next week, come in and get Stephanie or Nicole to help. Better yet, her husband should take the baby. But don't feel bad. We really do never know what others are going through. If there is anyway I can ease your pain please let me know. I need to be taught by someone who knows.

I really can't help but giggle at Emily coming in a t-shirt and socks. It just kills me. Wasn't she FREEZING!!!

Love ya babe. If I don't see or talk to you till 5- get ready to bust your butt!

Teri said...

Mindy-I love you so much. I wish I could make your pain go away. I just want to fix things for you. You are such a loving and wonderful person. You deserve to have your pain acknowledged. Please know that I am here for you NO MATTER WHAT!!!
I love you!!!

Jaime said...

Oh my gosh. Please know you're not alone. I was so bitter after losing my baby that I couldn't even speak to pregnant people, and my baby was lost so much less tragically than yours. Please don't beat yourself up over it. You are a warm wonderful lady and your pain will ease in time, I promise. Give yourself as much time to heal and grieve as you need and the joy will filter back into your life in abundance again. As for the rest of your day, I'd be so upset, good for you for handling it with such calm.

Cyndi said...

Mindy,

I love you. I really needed to be put in my place today. I've been feeling all sorry for myself because all of my friends are booking a cruise in the spring and I can't go because I can't leave the baby. Seriously, what am I thinking? Thank you for helping me to realize what's really important.

I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time. I think about you all of the time and wish I could take the hurt away. You are so kind and thoughtful and deserve only the best!!

Ronda said...

I don't have much to say, than what others have already said, but I love you - wish I could be there for you.

The Greathouse Family said...

I am so sorry that I just saw this post!!

This puts my horrible, purse-stealing day into perspective, too.

Mindy,
You are doing so well. You are so strong! Don't let your grief trick you into thinking that you are weak or mean. You have been living through every other woman's nightmare. But you continue to love those around you, serve them, support them and bless their lives. That takes so much strength and courage.

So, you can't bear to be around pregnant people or babies? That's okay!! You have been through so much!! All the rest of us are uncomfortable around certain people for a lot more superficial reasons. You honestly have to protect yourself until you start to heal. Others will understand.

I was pregnant at the same time as a friend of mine. It was my 1st but her 2nd. She lost her baby. I remember how uncomfortable I felt around her after that! I didn't know what to do or say. She seemed to avoid me for a long time- probably until she was pregnant again. It took a couple of years before we actually were able to talk and be social together again.

Give yourself some more time. It could take a long time before you feel better. Just remember that Sarah Marie is with you and she loves you. You are the mother she wanted and chose for herself. That makes her wise and beautiful- just like her mommy! I really hope that I'm blessed to meet her someday.

I love you so much! I wish that I could take the pain away from you. I will always be here for you.