Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Traditions

Thanksgiving for me started off with a nice hike. It was at least two and a half hours long. I had a wonderful chat with my friend Lindsey. What a great way to start the day. I came home just in time to watch the Packer game with my boys while I cooked. We had a nice and yummy dinner. I felt very full so My two boys walked with me to the cemetery to visit Sarah and just talk. So another over hour walk. I think I hit close to 4 hours for walking today. I hope it removed all my food from today! We had dessert when we got back. We then played a few games, decorated a tree for Sarah and passed out our new ornaments. I had a great day with my family. All the dishes are done and I am ready for bed and another full day tomorrow!! One of Christopher's Thanksgiving traditions is to pose with the drumsticks.
Joseph took this photo shoot for me.

What a funny boy!

A new tradition we started this year was to decorate a little tree for Sarah for her grave. We always get our tree the day after Thanksgiving and we thought we should bring her one too.
Every year I give my kids an ornament on Thanksgiving that represents something about their lives during the past year. This one for Chris is a crown and says "King Chris" to represent his Homecoming King win this year. He is also wearing his Packer gear. We won again today. I LOVE watching football on Thanksgiving with my boys!
I got Joseph a football ornament with his name.
I got Emily a cheerleader bear ornament with her name.
This one is for Sarah. It's hard to see, but it is a sweet baby with angel wings. Her little hat says, "SARAH" and the heart has "2009". I just thought it was so cute.

6 comments:

Jaime said...

So sweet! I was going to send you an ornament with Sarah's name on it, but I see you got it covered! Sweet! Love it!

Jamie said...

I wish you weren't so far away!!!! I feel like I missed out. I am so happy that you had a wonderful day and everything worked out! I love all of the ornaments!!

Teri said...

Lindsey got to go hiking with you?!?! I'm SOOO jealous!
So glad you had a good day. Love the drumstick photo shoot.
Sarah's tree is gorgeous. Can't wait to walk to the cemetery with you to see it!

Cyndi said...

What a great idea to give your kids ornaments on Thanksgiving. I do the same thing but I'm such a cheapskate that I wait until the day after Christmas so I can get them half off. That's definitely not as fun. I love that you got one for Sarah too and the beautiful tree you made for her. So sweet.

lindseyfrancom said...

Oh my goodness!!! I love that you get ornaments for each or your kids that represent something that has happened to them that year! I really do think that is sooooo soo wonderful! You all are going to absolutely treasure those every year.

Thanks for coming with me that morning, it was great, I'm glad everything seemed to go well and good for you for walking even more- I was lazy and sat and saw a movie after dinner!

lindseyfrancom said...

Oh and I love the drumstick pictures! Hilarious!