Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happy Anniversary

You may be thinking, that doesn't look like Dennis. Well, that's because it is Josh. The father of my beautiful children. My first husband. Today is our wedding anniversary. I was just thinking about what a wonderful, hopeful day that was. I was so happy. We went through a lifetime of pain and joy in our short time together. He was a wonderful daddy to my babies. I miss him. We all miss him. He is forever in my heart. I see him in my children and in myself. I know his sweet mom reads this blog and I want you to know Heidi that even though you tell me how happy he was with me, I was even happier with him. My love for him is deep and unconditional. He was my hero and my rock through some of the hardest times in my life. I love you Joshua Barker and I miss you!

Now, to some of you this may seem strange for me to write because I am married to someone else now. Just because someone dies doesn't mean we love them less. We have to move forward in life. Dennis has been a wonderful addition to my life. It has been hard to adjust to someone new, but I know Heavenly Father has a plan for my life that is different than the one I had planned for me. I trust His will and know I will be okay. My children are strong and are progressing and so am I. I love Dennis and our anniversary is in a couple weeks. He has been very patient. Josh is a big part of our lives and I appreciate that Dennis is accepting of our love and constant conversation about Josh. Dennis puts up with a lot and I am happy Heavenly Father brought me here so I could love and be loved by a wonderful man.


7 comments:

Teri said...

What a beautiful post. I'm so glad Heavenly Father's plan brought you to our little part of Utah. You are the best. We love you and Dennis and all of your kids!

Jaime said...

I can't imagine how hard it would be to lose your other half, and I'm so glad you were blessed to find someone else to love you.

Beard Family said...

I love this post also. I am so glad that you do remember and talk about him often. He is a big part of who you are and also your kids life. I think it is great. Have a great week.

Abby said...

You. Are. Amazing. 'Nuff said.

lindseyfrancom said...

I love this post. I loved seeing the picture- getting a little glimpse into your past!

Thanks for sharing- you are so wonderful, strong and so faithful- you are such a great example.

Ariane said...

Amazing, Mindy. You're an inspiration and I love you!

Cyndi said...

It's so great that he is such a part of your life still. I'm sure you are reminded of him every time you look in your sweet kid's faces because they really do look so much like him. Happy Anniversary! I'm also glad that Heavenly Father's plan included you moving here, us not buying your house first, and you letting us share in the awesomeness that is you!