Monday, January 21, 2008

Winter Wonderland





We woke up today to what we call a "winter wonderland". It is my favorite kind of day. Annabelle loves to play in the snow. My camera is dead so I barely got these few photos. I hope to get a new one soon. So, the only pictures are of my sweet puppy. Doesn't she look cute. I love how she sleeps with her puppy. She ripped the eyes out, but she loves it jsut the same. The kids had so much fun too. They went sledding.
On a different note, today is Martin Luther King Day. Emily was very excited to tell us about why we celebrate this day. She said that there were very mean white people that made the black people sit in the back of the bus. She said that the back of the bus is the funnest part of the bus because you get to jump up and down. She said that Martin Luther King wanted freedom and now we have the freedom to eat cheese. I'm glad she has a grasp on her history. I asked her if she knew anything else about it and she, with a you are so dumb look her face, said, "How should I know? I didn't live at that time." I never seem to be able to argue her explanations. The thing that is the funniest is that she is totally serious. Happy Day!!

2 comments:

The Greathouse Family said...

Oh my gosh! Your dog is so cute! But Emily is the best! I love cheese! Thank you Martin Luther King, Jr.!

Teri said...

I love Emily's explanations of things. I wish I had such a grasp of history. I totally forgot that the back of the bus is the funnest!
Next time your kids go sledding, Spencer needs to go with them. I just realized that he is 11 and has probably only been once before! Poor kid!!