Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Pepper Spray Is Not An Air Freshener

Okay, so being married to a cop you get lots of dangerous toys, like guns, hand cuffs, bullets, knives, taser guns, etc. We have a safe and keep these things in it, but somehow or someone left the pepper spray out on the dresser. I heard choking, coughing and screaming coming from Emily. She had sprayed herself in the face with pepper spray. I started gagging and throwing up as I came to her aid. I got her in the shower and washed her down and had to flush her eye for a while. She seems fine now and went downstairs to sleep with the boys to escape the leftover smell in her room. I asked her what she was doing and she told me that she thought it was air freshener. I was scared, relieved and a little mad that it was left out. Dennis felt so bad. I guess there's even a child proof way to spray it, but she figured it out. Another crazy night here. I used to think my life was like a circus, but now I'm sure we are the freaky sideshow.

5 comments:

The Greathouse Family said...

Oh, my gosh! Frankly, I have a hard time believing that story. Are you sure Dennis wasn't in the room? LOL! Sounds like "payback" to me!!

The Greathouse Family said...

By the way, are you all ok?

Ariane said...

Um... I don't think you're the freak show. Have you happened to look over your fence lately? This is where the real freak show is.... I hope Emily is ok. She seemed fine when we all went to breakfast this morning. Doug used to be a cop, so I was frequently handcuffed to things and used as a practice dummy for take down moves. sadly, none of it was sexual.... Hee hee!!

Jaime said...

Oh my gosh! My house is so boring compared to yours. Our biggest drama is getting Kelsey diapered before she poops again. I'm glad Emily's OK.

Teri said...

Your stories keep my laughing as long as I know everyone is OK. You, Ariane and I are making the cul-de-sac much more exciting! What would they do without us?