Saturday, July 5, 2008

Stadium of Fire

Emily has been waiting for this day for a long time!! Every year at the BYU stadium in Provo they have "The Stadium of Fire". It is a patriotic show with performers, fireworks and more. This year Miley Cyrus was performing and I wanted to take Emily so bad. The tickets sold out in like one second so I had to get them on EBay. Not cheap, but worth every penny. We had such a memorable evening. The M.C. was Glenn Beck. I don't know if you know who he is, but he is awesome!! He is on CNN's Headline News channel. He has his own show and is on M-F in the evening right after Nancy Grace. If you have never watched either one of these shows check them out, they rock! Glenn also just so happens to be LDS and has a very awesome testimony and conversion story. Check it out online. He gave such a great speech. The whole evening was opened with a prayer and it was a humbling and wonderful feeling to be at an event where they offer a prayer. The whole night was wonderful. I missed the boys, but they were off playing with fire and all that fun boy stuff. If you ever get a chance to go, it is so worth it!!
Happy 4th of July




Glenn Beck








They had about six sky divers jump into the stadium. The military rolled out this big flag while Glenn Beck gave a heartfelt patriotic speech. There were military families tributed along with our many troops. There was even live satellite to Baghdad and family members spoke to their troops live and we got to hear from the troops. So many wonderful patriotic moments, I was teary eyed and Glenn Beck said it best when he said that he could feel the Spirit so strong. I could feel it and it was strong and overwhelming.





Military jets flew over head and were follolwed by some cool fireworks. It was so cool!! There were the "Stadium of Fire" dancers. They are young girls from dance schools all over the state and even a couple from other states. They did an amazing performance that represented each and every sport that will be played at this summer's Olympics. It was captivating and just plain RAD!!!














I took Chris to see the Blue Man Group in Vegas for his birthday and it was AWESOME!!!! I was pleased to see them again. Emily loved it and really got into their act. Anyone looking for a great show, This Is It!!! All ages and interests, this show ROCKS!!! The lights became way crazy and all the pictures for the rest of the evening were all wacky so I don't have any more to posts from the evening.








So, the reason we had to go, Miley Cyrus!!! Emily LOVES her!!!! We sing in the car to her all the time. It was so much fun watching Emily sing and dance her heart out. She kept yelling out that she was her biggest fan and even invited her to her birthday party. The finale was awesome!!! The Blue Man Group performed again and it led into the most magnificent firework show I have ever seen. It was not only like 45 minutes long, but the music and pyrotechnic choreography was incredible!!! What a great night and awesome Mother/Daughter memory I will cherish forever!!










2 comments:

Jaime said...

Okay, I just caught up on all your blogs and let me just say you are having way too much fun! So Jealous!

Ariane said...

Ok... I continue to be totally jealous! I love Glen Beck but there was no way I could afford to take my whole crew. I'm glad you had fun!