Friday, December 18, 2009

Temple Square

My mom came with us for a fun night in Salt Lake. We went to dinner and then went to Temple Square.
Temple Square is so beautiful all lit up! I just love to see the temple!
They had this nativity with a beautiful narration by President Monson.


Emily and Joseph were so excited to see the Christus. We also saw a short little movie about the birth of Christ. Emily Loved it, but thought it was too short.

Poor Christopher was not feeling well. He hung out on a couch at the visitors center.

The lights were so festive and joyful We went into the Tabernacle and even heard a choir sing Christmas songs in the Assembly Hall. So great!



Emily loved this orange and red tree. She said they lit it up just for her because they were her favorite colors.

All the way home they talked about what a wonderful time they had. It is so wonderful to know that my kids can enjoy simple, beautiful things and great wonderful things like the Temple and lights. What a great night. On the way home we sang Christmas songs. In honor of our great friend Maryn we sang "Feliz Naughty Dog" at the top of our lungs when "Feliz Navidad" came on. Even Dennis sang with us. It was truly a great night with our family!

4 comments:

Abby said...

Aren't those times so priceless? Just priceless.

lindseyfrancom said...

I am so glad you were able to go! I really do love going and Salt Lake Temple is my favorite! That sucks that Christopher wasn't feeling well it is always such a disappointment :( but great that Dennis sang!!!

The Greathouse Family said...

Hey! I LOVE all the pictures!! I wish we could have done that with you! Maryn will be so honored that you sang her version of "Feliz Navidad". I love you all and just so you know, I mailed your gifts and they should be there before Christmas!

Teri said...

How fun! I love the pictures. I always think Feliz Naughty Dog when I hear that song. Maryn is so cute!