Sunday, May 9, 2010

Back in the ER

Last night Christopher had to go back to the emergency room. His head felt like it was going to explode. He was crying and shaking and I had never seen him in that much pain. It was the most crowded ER I had ever seen. We had to wait for hours while he cried in pain. When we finally saw the doctor he said that Chris was leaking spinal fluid. Your brain floats and since Chris did not have enough fluid, his brain was just sitting on and sagging down all the nerves that are under the brain causing excruciating pain. It was caused by the spinal tap he had at the ER the other night. To fix it, they drew blood out of his IV and injected it into his spine causing a clot to put pressure on the hole the fluid was leaking from. It has worked very well. His pain subsided. Unfortunately that causes severe back pains. His throat and back hurt now. We didn't get home until after 5 a.m. It was one tired mother's day. Now I need to try and get some sleep because I have to wake up at 4 a.m. and keep Chris awake until his EEG in the morning. I feel like a zombie. I pray that they can tell me what is happening to my son. He needs the right help and I need some rest. What a long scary weekend!

4 comments:

Teri said...

I'm so glad they were able to fix what was going on with Chris. I'm thinking about you today. Hope everything with the EEG goes well. You guys all deserve a break. Especially you!

lindseyfrancom said...

I'm also glad they knew how to help him- sounds excruciating. I can't believe he had to wait that long. How did the EEG go then? What is the next step?

Cyndi said...

I think you deserve the biggest Mother's Day do-over ever! I hope everything's going okay now for you and Chris! I'm so sorry you are going through this.

Jaime said...

Wow, wow, wow. Your blog title is so right, CRAZY LIFE!!! Big Big Hugs to you!! I often wonder why it is that I have to learn the same lessons over and over as well. It's a painful process. Losing my children is my worst fear, and you have faced it so many times. Learning to trust in the Lord's plan for us is so hard. I think you're doing great! Good luck and always remember you are loved.