Thursday, May 13, 2010

More Tests and a lot of PATIENCE

The neurologists appointment was yesterday. She informed us that Christopher's EEG was normal. His MRI also showed that his contusion is almost all the way healed. She does not believe he had a seizure or that he has any signs of any neurological defects. Good news on that end. He is still post concussed which means he still has to strengthen his memory skills and slight headaches, but other than that his head is getting much better. The cardiologist was today. They said he may have had a heart attack, but they don't know. He does have an inverted line of some sort. I didn't get the details perfect because they don't know the answers yet. We have two more weeks of testing. There is something definitely abnormal though and it could be serious or not very. They want to rule out an enlarged heart as well. He has to wear a monitor next week for five days and the next week have an echo cardiogram and a treadmill stress test. The 27th is when I get the results of all of those tests. I'm not going to stress because I don't have the answers and if something is serious I can stress out when I know. He does have mono and that will keep him resting until we do know what exactly is wrong with his heart. His sickness probably made his heart work harder and that may have caused his loss of consciousness. I am not a patient person and I hope I can make it through the next two weeks without going crazier than I already am. Thanks again for all the sweet phone calls and messages. I especially appreciate the dinner tonight. I have three school projects of Joseph's due tomorrow that have been postponed due to Chris' illness. It was so nice to work through dinner and have a dinner my kids would eat delivered by a beautiful friend. I am so blessed by the angels in my life.

3 comments:

Teri said...

Maybe we should change your blog title from "My Crazy Life" to "My Boring, Quiet, Unexciting Life" and see if that changes your luck! You guys are constantly in our prayers. We love you all!!!!

lindseyfrancom said...

Good news on his brain. That is a long time to wait for the results on his heart. We will keep sending prayers your way.

Cyndi said...

I'm with Teri. You need a big slice of boring!!