Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Blue and Gold Dinner

Emily and her friend from Primary



Joseph's cake decorating contest award.








Emily having the time of her life at the scout dinner.












Emily ran to the food line when dinner started. She cries if she doesn't get their first. She was waiting in the line for cake even before it was time for cake. You can't fault a girl for loving her dessert. Christopher was too cool to come. What a big brat!! He went to workout instead.







We (I mean Joseph) won the award for "Most Original". Everyone else's cakes were way better. Surprisingly, we got a lot of compiments. It was different than all the others. It grew on me. We rocked the cake competition!!








My boys kept laughing when I was trying to make the zipper area. Dennis didn't know what it was and didn't think anyone else would either. I thought it looked very lame.









Every year the cub scouts have a blue and gold dinner to celebrate scouting. They have a tradition of a cake decorating contest (every boy wins). The theme this year was belt loops. I had no idea what to do. We finally came up with making a belt out of brown frosting and putting his real belt loops on it. (belt loops are little awards you earn and wear on your scout belt)

3 comments:

Teri said...

Mindy,

Your cake rocks. Its just like I pictured it from your description. I can't believe Spencer is already 11 and out of cubs. I guess we could insist on going to the scout stuff for Brayden, but I don't miss it that much!! Although, it is another excuse to hang out with you!

Teri

The Greathouse Family said...

That cake turned out good! Joseph had a good idea and you did a great ob on it! I like how they gave you the "most original" award. Aren't you glad you aren't like the rest of the cookie-cutter Utah freaks? LOL! JK! I know you really want to be one!!

(OK, for all of the Utahn's that might be offended by this comment, please don't. I love you, guys. I am part Utahn, you know. I have lots of Utahn relatives and I lived there myself for the last few years of high school. And, if I had the chance, I'd move there in a heartbeat! So, really I'm just a jealous, bitter Californian who wants to be just like you!)

Jaime said...

Yeah that zipper is a little questionable. :O