Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My Awesome Vacation

I had the most wonderful time this weekend. I was able to fly out to California to see my friends. I couldn't see everyone and will be back soon to visit all I did not see this time. I got to see my best friend's baby for the first time. He is like a little nephew. He is so cute and I wanted to bring him home with me. His mom wouldn't let me though. She is so selfish!! I can't tell you how great it was to spend time with her. We had a game night on Friday with my two best friends. It was so fun. I got to hang out with my other best friend too. We went to the beach and a special date out to dinner and a movie. It was so nice to be with her. We used to spend almost every day together and since I moved I hardly ever get to see her. It felt like I never left. We could be our silly selves and laughed like I needed to for so long. She also found some things quite hilarious that I didn't. The first day we went to the beach, there were like 500 birds all walking around by us. My friend started throwing crackers out to them and they were fighting over them. Wherever she threw the bread, they followed. So, my dear sweet friend thought it was funny when she kept putting crackers on my butt and the birds would hover over me. I was screaming and she was laughing so hard she almost peed her pants. I never wanted to leave. I also was able to see my brother. I had never seen his house and it was so fun to see how well he and his wife had done for themselves. It was nice to see my little brother all grown up. He took me and one of my friends out to lunch. He then called and invited us over for dinner on Sunday. I had so much fun. We had dinner and played a game. My brother and I were on the same team and we won. I love my brother and hanging out with him was so wonderful. I wish I could have stayed longer. I am like the tannest chick in Utah right now. It doesn't look like anyone cleaned while I was gone so I guess I have a fun couple of days ahead of me just getting it back to the messy state it was in before. To all who made my trip so special, thank you. I love you all and can't wait to see you again! Happy Day!

5 comments:

The Greathouse Family said...

Oh my gosh! The lies you tell! Anyone that knows you will know that you're the one who wanted all the seagulls' attention! I was just trying to be helpful. I wanted your beach day to be memorable!

Seriously though, you're awesome and I miss you already! Love you!

Teri said...

I'm so glad you had fun! I know you needed that trip. I hope we aren't too boring for you now!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have spent more time with you.
Please let me know when you're coming back!

The Greathouse Family said...

Just re-paste it. I noticed that blogspot renamed "template" to "layout" maybe that's why it got messed up.

The Greathouse Family said...

Hey! You think you're so hot! Wow! Mindy can read! You'd better watch out- I'm really serious now!