Thursday, February 28, 2008

Don't Waste My Time

Today I did my visiting teaching. I visit teach Emily's activity days leader. She said she had a funny story to tell me about Emily. She went on to tell me about how they were making cookies for the Bishopric. The girl that lived closest to each member was asked to deliver cookies to them. We live by the Bishop. When asked if she would drop the cookies off to him, Emily replied "No, I don't feel like it." Emily explained that she had to go straight home because her friend was giving her "cartwheel lessons". Chris was a little late picking her up so the leader told Emily she could ride with this other girl and they could both drop the cookies off together. Emily said, "fine". Then Chris drove up and Emily ran to the car and yelled out, "I can't do it now my ride's here." I never heard anything about it from Emily. When I got home I asked her why she wouldn't take the cookies to the Bishop. She said, "It's a waste of time." I replied, "A waste of time?" She said, "Yeah, a waste of MY time." What a lovely daughter I have.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taking cookies to people IS a waste of time!! Eating them isn't though. :)

Teri said...

Cartwheel lessons are important! She knows what her priorities are and won't let a little cookie get in the way!

Teri said...

P.S.
I was going to ask if that other blogger name was yours. Thanks for letting me know! I'm too much of a chicken to join your weightloss blog. I'm so afraid of failure. Atleast the Hinckley challenge is only reading and not testing my willpower over food!
Love ya!