Saturday, February 2, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley


Today was the funeral for our dearest Prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley. What a remarkable man. The speakers spoke of his life and his many accomplishments. I reflected on how much he has meant to me in my life. He touched my heart and stregnthened my testimony. He most perfectly exemplified charity. His countanance was that of love and humility. I will miss his smile, his humor, but most of all his love. He has gone home to his Father in Heaven and his dear sweet wife. The tears couldn't help but fall when in the Conference Center they showed everyone seated and there it was, the empty chair of our beloved Prophet between his two counselors. He will be missed "until we meet again".

2 comments:

Teri said...

I am so happy for him to be with his sweetheart. So sad for us that we will miss him. I loved him so much!

The Greathouse Family said...

Thanks for sharing about the funeral. I had no way to see it. I will miss him so much, also. He was a sweet, sweet man!

Thanks for the comment you left for me today. I miss you, too. Always remember that you are the one that left me, OK? JK! I'm jealous that you get to raise your kids in UT. It was the best move you could have made and a great decision on your part. Where else could you have met a man like Dennis? Hee!Hee! If you had stayed we could have had so much fun but you would have been lonely. Now between all of your kids and husband, you're too busy to be lonely. One of us will just have to get rich so that we can visit eachother all the time!