Sunday, February 24, 2008

Walking Is For Pioneers

I was shopping at Walmart yesterday with Emily. It was taking a while and she was complaining about that. So, eventually she started collapsing on the ground every so often. One time when I told her to get up off the floor she just laid there and said, "I was not made to walk this much. I'm not a pioneer." So I told her how hard it was for the pioneers and she told me that at least they got to take breaks sometimes. I guess it's good she wasn't born a pioneer. She was born as a whine bag!!

I took Emily to the doctor the other day. When we got back to the car my battery was dead. She said that the doctor could drive us home. I told her he was busy. She said that the nurses wern't that busy and they could do it. I asked her if we should pray and she said "Nah" I said that we will pray anyway. Within a few minutes two nice people came up to my car and helped us until I was ready to drive away. On the way to her school, I asked her if she noticed anything. She reckognized right away that our prayer was answered. I know Heavenly Father was helping her with her testimony of prayer. It reminded me too.

I guess Emily gets more time on here than the boys, but she is much more interesting. I mean unique or maybe weird. However you look at it, Emily makes us laugh and pull our hair out. Emily got in trouble at school for goofing off. She explained to me that she was the class clown and the class clown always gets in trouble. "No one is funnier than me." She told me. So she explained getting in trouble goes along with the territory for class clowns so there's not much she can do about it.

Okay, let's see what the boys are up to. They both had basketball games yesterday. Joseph is such an awesome athelete. He plays defense agressively and even though he's tiny, he gets all up in their business. Chris had an exciting game. I know I'm the loudest parent there, but Chris and his team like my cheering. I even made a big sign to hold up while I yelled. I love to embarass Chris. They won by one point in overtime. It was awesome!! Joseph and Chris are always out hangin' with friends so I get Emily as my constant companion. Especially when her only friend is grounded for goofing around with Emily in class.

Joseph got all A's and a B+. He was upset about the B. He is always on the honor roll. At parent teacher conference he was rated (as usual) the most wonderful boy. Chris, well let's just say opposite of Joseph's grades, like Joseph a wonderful young man. Emily gets N for needs to improve, P for partial mastery, and Y for yes they have mastered that skill. She got mostly P's. It didn't phase her a bit. She said that the P stood for perfect and she got all "perfects". Way to go! She also got a 100% on her spelling test for the first time. (she only gets 4 words) She is so proud of herself. If you read this and want to call to congratulate her, it would mean so much to her. She used to just give herself an A+ on every paper she would bring home, but she's starting to catch on that she has to actually earn them.

4 comments:

Jaime said...

Yay go Emily! School's hard.

Anonymous said...

Yes, your Emily stories always make me laugh.
CONGRATULATIONS EMILY!
Also glad to hear the boys are doing well.

The Greathouse Family said...

Oh, the Pioneer world is probably glad Emily wasn't a pioneer too! That would be so fun to watch, though. She would never have made it to the Salt Lake Valley after collecting all the rock and sticks- I mean "friends"- along the way. Could you imagine trying to talk her out of putting all of her "friends" in the wagon? She is such a special girl. I hope that she always keeps her imagination.

Teri said...

Emily is the voice that we all have inside our heads and we are just afraid to say it!

I'm so glad she came over to play today!! I've missed her!