Sunday, February 17, 2008

Order in the Court

"Someone" spilled their drink all over my desk. It just so happened to be the exact cup Emily was drinking from. Dennis accused Emily and asked her to help him clean it up. That's when the show began. Emily started to cry and scream and wanted me to tell Dennis to be nice to her. I was downstairs cleaning and I didn't want any part of it. She told me that she was innocent and that Dennis probably saw her cup and spilled it so she would get into trouble because he doesn't like her. I told her to just calm down. She wasn't happy with my lack of concern so she went back upstairs. I heard hear arguing with Dennis and then she said that she was going to prove her innocence. She told Dennis that they needed to go to court. She appointed Joseph and Annabelle as co-counsel for her defense. Dennis represented himself. I was supposed to be the judge, but I really didn't feel like going upstairs. So I just listened. It was quite amusing. They were questioning each other and Dennis was being so lighthearted and funny. It changed the whole mood. Joseph made Emily plead "guilty by accident". He asked the court for a recess to examine the crime scene. Joseph demonstrated how the accident could have occured. They called witnesses and everything. It was quite a trial. Joseph asked the court to impose a "lesser punishment" because it was an accident. So, Emily, still maintaining her innocence, was sentenced to picking up the hallway. Everyone seemed satisfied with the outcome. Dennis tried to offer a "not guilty by reason of crazy", but the defense rejected this proposal. Joseph could make a great little attorney someday. Annabelle was let go from the case for jury tampering, but all in all justice was served.

4 comments:

The Greathouse Family said...

Your house is so exciting and entertaining! I laugh my butt off every time I read about Emily and her adventures!! LOL!

Teri said...

That is so cute! I'm so glad that Dennis was lighthearted about everything. He deserves a gold star! I would have loved to be a fly on the wall.

Vanessa and Phillip said...

haha. emily is so funny! what an imagination they have! i miss you and your kids! they are so cute!!!

Jaime said...

That is hilarious.